Best Tomb Raider 1 on Pandora?

dgame

Which version of the original Tomb Raider plays the best on the Pandora and what emulator to use?

Thanks

Dosbox and Qemu most likely can't play the DOS version at good speeds, Best bet Playstation.. with PCSX ReARMed. It most likely plays full speed at double resolution.

Last edited by a moderator:
I recommend PCSX reARMed r19 for Tomb Raider 1 - 5 as well,

since the PC - DOS Version of Tomb Raider 1 already runs a bit slow through Qemu.

(Even in low res mode.)

Definitely the Playstation version. The PC version would test the limits of DosBox, and the Playstation version plays naturally from a disc image with it's all-important CD Audio without any faffing about.

Thanks. PlayStation with PCSX ReARMed it is.

Now which ROM (bin/cue) version 1.0, 1.1,1.2,1.3,1.4,1.5,or 1.6?

No idea what those edition numbers refer to!

I have the original, day 1 PAL UK release, ripped by myself to .bin/.cue. No different in any significant way to any later versions I'm aware of.

Cool, Thanks.

The versions probably are revisions or newer dumps.

I always seem to pick the 1.0 versions for console emulators so I'll do the same here.

I suspect PS1 is the better option, but what about the saturn one?

The saturn one won't play smooth on yabause. At least not on the Pandora.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

I’ve been playing the PlayStation version of Tomb Raider using PCSX ReARMed. The enhanced resolution is very nice.

I originally played the PC version so I’m still getting accustomed to the console controls. I’ve forgotten most of the game so everything is like a new experience.  This game is still very immersive. I already quit once rather than have her drown.

I used to do that when I fell in St. Francis' folly, quit before I heard all her bones break at the bottom!

Great soundtrack too, a perfect set of 'themes' that matched the mood and are very cinematic.

Back