best video media open pandora browser or pnd

Eddie

Im interested to know what you recomend as the best setup for watching and recording videos from hulu, crunchyroll, and youtube. right now I am using chrom and it dosnt play the medias. Also using the youtube dowloader and it has issues as well. has anyone notice that when using chrom there is a sound pop every so many timeframs?

Anyways, who has the sweet setups and are you using any special setting? I tried the recommended for pandora setting on ytdownloader and it produced a unplayabe file on vlc player.

What issues do you have with ytdownloader? What format of file did you dl? Did you try playing back the file in smplayer2?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll add my support for smplayer2 it's our best media player.. 

As for the youtube downloader, use the recommended Webm 360p. 

As of right now I am leaning towards a lightweight browser. Lighter and faster then chrome. One that wont make that poping noise so I can listen to music while I surf the net with it. It seems like the fastest most enjoyable experence is to have a light browser to browse the media selections quickly (youtube, hulu, ect) Then use a grabing tool to download them. And a player to then playthem.

smplayer2 has worked to expectation, and it does play the Webm 360p rec very well.

I'm going to test the other browsers out, looking for a lightweight one. I tried firefox, and while it has more built in support for stuff I can't handel the slower response time.

I'm going to test the other browsers out, looking for a lightweight one. I tried firefox, and while it has more built in support for stuff I can't handel the slower response time.
The fastest browsers (and respecting standards) on Pandora are Arora and Qupzilla. But they dont't support flash so far.

I advice you look at the browser article there :

http://www.pandoralive.info/?p=143

thx for the link, Arora browser was exactly what I was looking for.

I downloaded getflashvideos and it downloaded a youtube video np, but i was unable to use it to download hulu or crunchyroll videos.

UPDATE: there site says they have to update much because the flash sites update and it breaks there code.

Back