Best

deadlychicken22 posted on Jul 21 2006 at 06:35 PM said:
Nothing works perfectly through emulation. Not even on a PC.

I play a lot of RPGs on my gp2x, but none of them run perfectly, sorry.

...With this opinion, _really_ nothing is perfect. Now don't be like that and tell him some good rpg's..

For myself, I like:

Soleil ( Megadrive )
All the Zelda games ( Nes, Snes, Gbc ( the oracles ) )
Final Fantasy Series ( Nes )
Terranigma (Snes)

I don't really play rpg's, I'm sorry, can't tell anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
RPGs that seem to run perfectly include:

Zelda, a Link to the Past (SNESgp2x)
Shining Force (DrMD)
Shining Force 2 (DrMD)
Ys 3 (DrMD)
Ultima 7 (both parts)(Exult engine)

Currently I am playing Final Fantasy VI Gold (SNESgp2x) but it's slowwwwwww but working perfectly. I've tried the hack version and the speed returns but the graphics corrupt horribly.

...With this opinion, _really_ nothing is perfect. Now don't be like that and tell him some good rpg's..
Actually, they are "perfect" when they are played on the original machines, because that is what you're trying to emulate. However, I understand what you mean...

nickspoon posted on Jul 21 2006 at 04:38 PM said:
deadlychicken22 posted on Jul 21 2006 at 05:35 PM said:

Stop being so goddamn cynical.
Sorry for being cynical, I just got back from hell :p

Ok, so here's my list of GOOD RPGs that are PLAYABLE on the gp2x:
Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy 4
Final Fantasy 6
Phantasy Star 4
Pokemon (if you're into that)
Shining Force
Shining Force 2
There are a lot more, but I'm not thinking very clearly right now...

EDIT: if you're really worried about performance, just play the gameboy and genesis/megadrive games as they work the best

deadlychicken22 posted on Jul 21 2006 at 01:35 PM said:

As a matter of fact, since your sensory organs aren't perfect either, there comes a level where you can't tell if the emulation is perfect or not, so it *seems* perfect to a person.

Stupid remarks aside, I think the Phantasy Star series run very well on DrMd (Genesis emulator). As for adventures, I recommend any of the Lucas Arts games, which you can play using ScummVm. Specially good ones are The Dig and Full Throttle.

Final Fantasy(NES, SNES, GBC-except ps1+)
Chrono Trigger(SNES)
Legend of Zelda(NES, SNES, GBC-except 2nd NES game)
Dragon Warrior(I&II and III for GBC)
a lot more

Have fun!!!!!

1) Final Fantasy 6 (SNES)
2) Lufia 2 (SNES)
3) Chrono Trigger (SNES)
4) Lufia 1 (SNES)
5) Final Fantasy 4 (SNES)
6) Phantasy Star 4 (GENESIS)
7) Terranigma (SNES)
8) Landstalker (GENESIS)
9) Shining Force (GENESIS))
10) Tales of Phantasia (SNES) <- Is this one playable?

Other good winners:

Breath of Fire
Earthbound (also known as Mother 2)
Dragon Quest IV
Final Fantasy 5

If you're into good stories, especially go for Final Fantasy 6 and Lufia 2 (Lufia 2 is a kind of boring game overal, but once you finished it...), I'm a sucker for plot stories, and these two are IMO the best storywise rpg's for snes. :)

Oh yeah, Legend of Zelda series is a great adventure series, can't name any other names, not so familiar with the genre overal.

Updated list:

Final Fantasy(NES, SNES, GBC-except ps1+)
Chrono Trigger(SNES)
Legend of Zelda(NES, SNES, GBC-except 2nd NES game)
Dragon Warrior(I&II and III for GBC)
Lufia(GBC and SNES)
Pokemon(GB/C) :unsure:
Ys(NES and SNES)
Valkyrie(Eng. translation for NES)
Brandish(SNES)
Breath of Fire(SNES)
Illusion of Gaia(SNES)
Terranigma(SNES)
Mystic Ark(Eng. translation for SNES)
Neutopia(PCE)
Dark Arms(NGPC)
SNK vs Capcom: Card Fighters Clash(NGPC)
Uncharted Waters(SNES and GEN)
Azure Dreams(GBC)
a lot more

Have fun!!!!!

Hey, thanks everyone.

I love how it's all akward when people mention they like the Pokemon games....I think we all need to admit that the <i>card</i> games are gay but the Gameboy games while repetitive are actually fun...

Thanks for understanding what I meant by perfect.

golden sun 1/2 for GBA

after playing 1 pokemon game you've practically played them all, theyre all very similar.

i rmember i used to know all the original 150 off by heart..and then they went and ruined it and added like 300 more stupid pokemon with names hard to remember.. =(

they just milked it too much and killed it, silly nintendo

Beyond Oasis (megadrive) is a cool zelda like game with street fighter moves... fw, back, fw does a special attack, a 360 does a other one. It has cool feature!

Beyond_Oasis_GEN_ScreenShot2.jpg

Claym99 posted on Jul 21 2006 at 08:40 PM said:
I love how it's all akward when people mention they like the Pokemon games....I think we all need to admit that the card games are gay but the Gameboy games while repetitive are actually fun...
Pokemon TCG for the GBC is a good game. Undeniably. Hmpf.

EvilAlex posted on Jul 21 2006 at 08:34 PM said:
Beyond Oasis (megadrive) is a cool zelda like game with street fighter moves... fw, back, fw does a special attack, a 360 does a other one. It has cool feature!

I was just about to mention that. It also runs at 60fps with sound in DrMD!

I'd recommend scouring some SNES translation sites (e.g. http://www.romhacking.net/trans/ ) to patch some great Japanese RPGs into English.

Some cool ones I can think of: Neugier, Bahamut Lagoon, Romancing Saga 3, Seiekn Densetsu 3 (Secret of Mana 2), Treasure Hunter G, Ys4, Dual Orb, FEDA, Dragon Quest 1/2/5/6, Live a Live, Monstania, Treasure of Rudora, Fire Emblem 4, Gulliver's Travels, Gunman Proof.

As many of these were later releases for the SNES, they are some of the highest quality RPGs you will find.

The triple triad game will hopefully be a pretty awesome original rpg for the 2x.

You have all mentioned alot of great RPGs, but a good one that was missed is Dragon Quest Monsters for GBC. It is a mix between pokemon and dragon quest. very fun and awesome.

Back