Better Gaming Device - Wiz Vs. Itouch?

GAMESHARQ

Still Fresh
I am a new owner of a Wiz and I love it. Before I bought a Wiz, I was also considering getting an iTouch to use mainly as a gaming device.

Do you think it's worth getting an iTouch even though I already own a Wiz? I also own a Nintendo DSi XL.

Of course! The thing has a completely different library of games with a lot of great exclusives! Personally, I hate Apple and their policies too much to get any of their devices but I sure as hell miss some of the great indie games.

Put it this way:

Tonight I have borrowed (lol) some SNES backups (lol), to play over my weekend. I downloaded ripped about 20. If I was playing on my iPhone, I'd have got frustrated 20 minutes in.

The Wiz is the classic gaming and emulator machine, of course. The iPhone is pretty shitty at that because it lacks the controls. However, it has an awesome exclusive library of little indie touchscreen games that you can't get on other devices. There are fresh ideas and gameplay concepts not yet realized on any other platform.

OrR said:
The Wiz is the classic gaming and emulator machine, of course. The iPhone is pretty shitty at that because it lacks the controls. However, it has an awesome exclusive library of little indie touchscreen games that you can't get on other devices. There are fresh ideas and gameplay concepts not yet realized on any other platform.

I agree, they're very nice for casual gaming and such, but you can't just sit down and play a couple of hours of iPhone games. Or maybe you can, but I can't. It lacks depth, and I get bored easily, but that's just the nature of the phone as a device. It's there for you in places where you can't use the full-featured alternative. Whereas the Wiz is a dedicated gaming device, for when I actually plan to have a gaming session.

Last edited by a moderator:
iTouch has that snazzy iPhone interface. And you get WiFi and BT. I got an iTouch free when I got my new laptop - and sold it.

For me, it's not real game-playing unless you are hammering on buttons. (And no, I'm not counting virtual ones.)

Back