Big PND on the Repo won't work

ptitSeb

Serial Porter
Hi,

I have 2 large PND to upload. One is roughly 900Mo (UFO: Alien Invasion), the other 1Go (World of Padman), and I can't upload them.

I have an error "You have not submited a file" after the upload is completed.

So, is there some limit in size or timeout (it take at least 10min to upload even on fast network, and @home, it took 2 to 3 hours) on the repo?

Is-it ok to upload such large PND ?

Php settings will likely need changing to allow for bigger uploads etc I'm sure ed can sort that out when he reads this post.

Oh... yeah, the upload size is limited to 600MB I think.

Will change that :)

EDIT: Changed to 6000MB.

Please try again :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! Looking forward to seeing the first 6GB PND  :eek:   :blink:
I can see being within a few bytes of download completion when an updated version gets posted.... Aaaaargh.... ;)

6GB??

Wow but around 3-4GB can realy happen because there is a Dragonball Quake 3 Project with packed Download Size 2 GB :D

I am curious because Ptitseb port this too :)

Or the Entire Babylon Games who are Freespace2 based.

They are all realy Biiiiiig :)

Well, 6GB is not good, because it's over the 4GB limit of FAT32.

But yes, there could be some other big PND in the future (I have to updates my SDCard also, 2*64Go is way too small, I have to upgrade at least to 2*128Go ;) )

The Babylon Project use FS2Open, I have yet to port it. With FS2Open, there could be a couple of huuuge PND...

If we're going to start uploading 1GB PNDs we REALLY need to get that binary diff thing working. :p

Even a few hundred megs is problematic. I'd probably update Java more often (every time there's a new SUN release) if I wasn't worried about the significant download required every couple weeks.

edit: and by "we" I really mean Milkshake needs to get that binary diff thing working. :p

I just downloaded World of Padman [over 1 gig]and it plays rather well. Very strange FPS.

We would probably need some sort of server farm to create diffs really fast especially for really massive pnds :p

Also how fast would it be to use the diffs file on the Pandora for these big pnds

Also how fast would it be to use the diffs file on the Pandora for these big pnds
Rebuilding was really fast in my testing. It's basically just controlled merging, doesn't require a lot of CPU processing, the bottleneck is the writing.Diffs would't need to be created fast, you could spawn low priority processes to handle it when someone completes an update. If it takes an hour then it takes an hour, and that's an hour that you would continue serving the full update instead of the diff. Which is easy for me to say since I'm not the one being told to implement it. ;)

We would probably need some sort of server farm to create diffs really fast especially for really massive pnds :p

If I have to update one of the big PND, I'll provide a "update pnd" in the forum, and we'll se if it's useable on the Pandora. The only exception is Codeblocks. Not sure the diff will be helpfull, as next version will have lots of componant updated, I suspect the diff will way too large.

Only if it tries to work on the entire file at once. xdelta3 can be specified to work in chunks. Remember this discussion from a few months back.

xdelta3 produced fairly small diff files using almost no RAM typically in under a minute.

I knew I bought a 128GB SD Card for a reason :D
^ agreed....it was coming to this eventually.

The higher demand games require more space!! It was just a matter of time before this situation occurred.

Back