I'm trying to wrap some GP2X games into a PND with Ginge

There is still too little info about your setup, perhaps upload all files except sqdef somewhere, and post a link to the version of sqdef you are using.

The only files are from the Ginge PND and Sqdef. And the necessary PND stuff (icon, PXML, screenshot, etc.). What exactly do you want to know, I have some stuff a few posts back.

Not to revive this ancient thread, but my questions fall under the same category as Blue Protoman.

My goal: Cave Story in a PND (not to distribute). I get it working packing ginge and Cave Story from the Openhandhelds, and it works fine. How do you...

1. Get Ginge to not go back to the main menu after running the game?

2. Set the 'quit' keys for ginge? By default it's <>, right? Or am I doing it wrong?

Thanks notaz, that was exactly what I was looking for.

As for quitting, both q or esc work, but in my experience forcibly quitting leaves the PND mounted. Is gracefully quitting out of Ginge application specific? (My other experience with ginge-wrapped applications is gpFCE-GP2X, and I know that allows you to quit from within the application, and doesn't always preserve your save data via 'q'.)

It's fine if it is, I'm just curious.

The way ginge works it loses control when the app is started, so graceful exit is not really possible, only the ginged app itself knows how to gracefully exit (well really it's possible but difficult to implement). I think it's just lefover legacy threads that prevent unmount, you could try adding sleep of several seconds after app exit in the run script, maybe it'll help.

Back