BIOS Files Not Working

GeBeCluck23

So I recently sent my Pandora in for repairs, (LCD Cable) and when I got it back everything was working fine, (still is, don't get me wrong!) but for some reason the FDS BIOS ROM isn't working in my emulator (GPFCE r2) anymore, which is strange because it worked before I sent it in. It doesn't make any sense... Also the BIOS files for DraStic aren't working either, (of course, they didn't work even before I sent it in, so...) Oh, and the BIOS file for PCSX ReARMed r19 is working, so I'm not really sure what I'm doing wrong here...

^ Only guessing here, but perhaps your firmware was updated when it was being repaired?  That's a good thing...but maybe it wasn't requested by you.  Perhaps you need to update your pnd files?

Darn, I wasn't quick enough to reply. After experimenting a bit, I got them both working. However, it raises another question. For the FDS BIOS, I got it working fine on my 8GB SD Card, (which is in slot 2, by the way) but it still doesn't work on my other SD Card, (128GB Slot 1.) Which is strange because as I said earlier, the PS1 BIOS does, as well as the NDS BIOS('s.)

(It turns out the files were named .rom instead of .bin...haha...ha...dumb mistake.)

So basically what I'm asking now is, why do some of the BIOS files not work in my 128GB SD Card?

Last edited by a moderator:
how is the 128gig card formatted? It could be an issue that the pandora isnt designed to take cards of that size, i'm sure theres a compatitbility list somewhere but i'm pretty sure pandoras get a lil fussy about cards bigger than 64gig and not even all of those work (depends on the brand and how they are formatted). Does anything else saved on your 128 card work on your pandy?

It's NTFS. And yes, I installed the Community Codec Pack, and yes, it works. Everything else I have works fine off it, including the other BIOS files I mentioned. I'm curious why just this one doesn't...

Maybe there is some filesystem damage ? Can you test the NES Bios file on another system (preferably directly from this  SD-Card) ? Or if you have another SD-Card to test with, try using the original (i.e. not the one from the SD-Card) file again

Well okay, but what I'm saying is that the SAME BIOS file, with the SAME setup works fine on my 8GB, but not my 128GB. I literally copied it over from one to the other. It's really not that big of a deal, I can just use the 8Gig, but I'd still like to figure it out for other's sakes, in case they only have a 128 or bigger. (As unlikely as that may be...)

It might be it's ignoring case on smaller card (it's FAT I guess?) but it's case sensitive on NTFS one. The case of BIOS filenames is incorrect, but it works on FAT anyway because case is ignored on FAT.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back