Bios flash

tomjack264

Website
Visit site
Ive wanted to do this for a long time and every time i come to do it i chicken out because i find there are no detailed istrutions on how and i cant afford a new gp if it fails :( so can someone help me :)

I am a bit to frightened to this, although I would like to. I am a bit put off as I heard someone on this board say that after he upgraded to the European firmware, PCLink would not work anymore. Electronic things always seem to go wrong for me and I am reasonably confident that this would happen to me too.

Put NEW Fully Charged Duracells in (Not cheap shitty batteries that could dump :D)
Then you will be fine :D

yeah, I still haven't flashed my firmware. Probably cause I'm too lazy, but still kinda nervous about it. Maybe when I get a new handheld I'll do it, cause then I won't be so dependent on my GP. ;)

U have to do it, you dont know what you are missing! It's so damn worth it. and there is a new wind-ups which I have yet to use, wind-ups is so much more faster then the original BIOS and its layed out to your likings.

I was hesitant at first.... But multifirm ware and being able to select a game from wind-ups about 0.3 seconds after turning your machine on is pretty cool....

Just got my GP32 yesterday. Which was wounderful. GP Engine was grat and Doom was just fantastic. Tried flashing it this morning and guess what, it wont boot. :(

Off to buy a new one unless anyone knows how I can get it repair.

No. I'm just dumb! :p

The upgade work. After trying to be so carefull I flashed the wrong Firmware, I used the 32MB one.

Followed the tutorial and all went swimminly. Then I restarted, and only pages of came up. Most definitely a faild bios.

I think the only way I can get this working is to upgrade the ram as I don't think I can reflash it. Since I don't know anything about soldering that wont work.

If there's anyone who could upgrade the ram for me drop me an email.

dxstra@yahoo.com

After the crying one can only laugh :D

wow, tough luck dxstra... But it happens to the best of us. I think this link http://www.emu.pl/gp32/index.php?artc=307 could help. Read the article and check his site... Good luck to you. By the way, may I recommend a standard ac adaptor while flashing your bios?! Better WAAAY safe than SOOO sorry.

Thanks, that does seem very interesting. I ordered a new one (after having one for 24hrs I can't live without one) should be getting it tomorrow. But it would be nice if I could get this one fixed, as I wont be upgrading the new one. Besides it was a birthday present from my girlfriend. Should have seen her face when I told her I broken it aldreay. Then aging should have seen my face. I still feel the pain.

The money from the 2 GP32's you have purchased could have paid for a Zodiac (If they were 2 Flu's...)

True, they are both FLU. Especialy as the first was from lik-sang and after shipping and import tax it was not that cheap. Zodiac looks like a neat peace of kit but just not that keen on it. See how the Z goes, maybe next birthday.

Back