Bitrate wont encode properly

Dozer

Efram the retarded rabbit
Website
lawrencewithaw.tumblr.com
Well i have a problem again... when i encode video i put the 128 into the bitrate for divx 4.12 but it always comes out way too high. Even if i put in like 8 into the bitrate section it still actually encodes at like 309 when i check it. Heres what G-spot codec information says about the encoded clip (it just crashes my gp wen i try to play it).
Bitrate.gif

Does anyone know whats going on? Any help would be appreciated.

what build of vitural dub do you use....i use 1.4.7.,do a two pass at 256k/bits and have never had a problem.....i have setting i use all the time...

From the screenshot Dozer showed its pretty obvious that he's using GSpot not VirtualDub.
You're lucky Shotaway, I've had so many problems with virtualDub. I can't get my movie to compress at all, I always get errors such as

An out-of-bounds memory access (access violation) occurred in module 'L3CODECP'...
...while compressing audio using "Fraunhofer IIS MPEG Layer-3 Codec (professional)" (Audio.cpp:1713)...
...while running thread "Dub-I/O" (thread.cpp:120).

I've tried using xvid, divx, with and without audio, and it always crashes. :(
I guess I'll try Gspot now.

what build of vitural dub do you use....i use 1.4.7.,do a two pass at 256k/bits and have never had a problem.....i have setting i use all the time...
Iv tried lots of versions 2 see if it makes any difference but i usually use 1.5.7 or virtualdub mod. i havnt tried doin 2 passes tho, ill see if that mates any difference. And btw i just used g-spot to check what the bitrates where. i dont think u can use to encode things. Is it possible to encode using tmpgenc?

Last edited by a moderator:
g-spot's a codec checker....

get vitual dub 1.4.7....(some-how it get's video file's a little bit smaller)
i can send my vitual dub setting on yahoo mess...im shotaway123
like i said...i have had no problem's with my setting....(i started encoding before i got my gp32)

get vitual dub 1.4.7....(some-how it get's video file's a little bit smaller)
i can send my vitual dub setting on yahoo mess...im shotaway123
like i said...i have had no problem's with my setting....(i started encoding before i got my gp32)
Thanks, could you email them 2 dozer_2199@hotmail.com please? Yeah iv encoded stuff for ages, duno y its buggerin now. i always seem to have some trouble with audio or video or sumthin tho.

Oh, my mistake I thought gspot was an encoding software.

Does anyone know why I keep getting the error messages I posted?
I'm getting really annoyed with this as I've just bought 2 128mb smcs and I can't encode any movies for them.
:angry:

Oh, my mistake I thought gspot was an encoding software.

Does anyone know why I keep getting the error messages I posted?
I'm getting really annoyed with this as I've just bought 2 128mb smcs and I can't encode any movies for them.
:angry:
Try typin the exact error message into google and see what comes up. If not then try www.dvdrhelp.comand go through the guides or ask at the forum. If there's an answer they can usually find it.

Back