Black Screen With 'x' On Boot Up

midget35

Still Fresh
Last night I booted the pandora and got the logo and progress bar as usual. But immediately after that the screen goes completely black with a small cross in the middle of the screen.

Has anyone else experienced this? The cross has a thin White outline. There is no way of starting up the pandora :(

yesterday I created a new user and made it default, but I can't think of anything else I've done that may have caused a problem.

Help most appreciated!

Hm, seems like something has gone wrong with the new user creation... didn't have that so far.

The cross you see is the default mouse of X... so it looks like it doesn't start up :/

You could create a bootable SD Card and try to fix it yourself - or download the latest HF3 image from the homepage and reflash.

EvilDragon said:
Hm, seems like something has gone wrong with the new user creation... didn't have that so far.

The cross you see is the default mouse of X... so it looks like it doesn't start up :/

You could create a bootable SD Card and try to fix it yourself - or download the latest HF3 image from the homepage and reflash.

Thanks for this mr dragon. I'm afraid I don't know what the difference is between creating a bootable SD Card and reflashing. Could you please explain this / point me at the right resource material?

Had a torrid time reflashing before (http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/55051-after-reflash-black-screen-of-death/). Has the archive been fixed since this problem? Seems a shame that I am looking at reflashing the unit every 2-3 days at the current rate.

Many thanks as always for your guidance :)

Last edited by a moderator:
midget35 said:
EvilDragon said:

Thanks for this mr dragon. I'm afraid I don't know what the difference is between creating a bootable SD Card and reflashing. Could you please explain this / point me at the right resource material?

Had a torrid time reflashing before (http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/55051-after-reflash-black-screen-of-death/). Has the archive been fixed since this problem? Seems a shame that I am looking at reflashing the unit every 2-3 days at the current rate.

Many thanks as always for your guidance :)

i re-flashed at the the weekend and there was a new image with HF3 in it. this worked fine first time for me so you should be ok.
In all honesty i dont mind the flashing, especially since with the PND system its only a case of slapping the CC pack on and everything is back to where it was.

midget35 said:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/54919-images-sources-rootfs/

Back