Black Screen

DarkCheetah

Had the Pandora for about 3 weeks now. It has been amazing. Today after work I booted it up and it got halfway though the boot bar and the screen went black and nothing. Reset...same thing. Pulled the battery and still happening. Does anyone know how I might could fix this issue?

Had the Pandora for about 3 weeks now. It has been amazing. Today after work I booted it up and it got halfway though the boot bar and the screen went black and nothing. Reset...same thing. Pulled the battery and still happening. Does anyone know how I might could fix this issue?
Nevermind...just popped back on for no reason at all. Strange.

Definitely the brightness bug. Seems it's not 100% squashed yet.

The feature is that the Pandora remembers previous brightness levels. When the bar is about halfway through is when it restores the previous value. This is useful if you like to keep the screen at a certain brightness, so you don't have to keep restoring it manually every time you reboot.

The bug is that someone it remembers a brightness level of 0, off. When the Pandora boots up and goes to restore that value, it dutifully shuts the screen off because that's what it thinks you want. :p

EvilDragon has tried to fix it, and it's a lot better, but looks like there's still some instance where it's getting mixed up somehow.

EvilDragon has tried to fix it, and it's a lot better, but looks like there's still some instance where it's getting mixed up somehow.
I wonder if it can still be caused by shutting the lid before the unit has powered off?

Last edited by a moderator:

Nevermind...just popped back on for no reason at all. Strange.
Let us know if it happens one more time, because it might be more problematic as it seems.

Ok, so it's still pretty much happening. Now though I can't seem to get the screen up at all. Last time I just put it in sleep and than woke it up and it popped back on. No luck this time. :(

It's not that the screen isn't on. I can actually change the brightness with Fn+U and I, it's just not displaying what should be on the screen.

I can actually change the brightness with Fn+U and I, it's just not displaying what should be on the screen.

What is it displaying?

It displays black pixels. If I adjust the brightness you can see the difference but it doesn't display the desktop. For the lat couple months it's been getting steadily worse. Now it just does it all the time. Absolutely unplayable for a week now. I guess it's time to flash my pandora.

Yep, Bug with HF5. Should already been fixed with HF6a :D
Thank you good sir. For some reason my brain never thought to check for another hotfix. I'd like to just add how amazing the Pandora is and thank you to the Pandora team for making this all possible for everyone.

Back