[SOLVED] screen goes black on loading page

mr_cardholder

Still Fresh
Hey all,

Before we get into the nitty gritty of the issue, just wanted to say that I love this little thing.

The problem I am encountering is as follows: When the loading bar on the Angstrom loading screen reaches about 50%, the screen suddenly goes black and the device becomes completely unresponsive. I have to take the battery out and replace it to get the device to turn back on. I installed hotfix 5 and the community codec package a few weeks ago but haven't made any major alterations to the device since.

I have tried the following resolutions so far:

* reseated the battery

* removed the battery for 30 minutes

* tried to boot the device without the battery but didn't turn on

So far, nothing has fixed this issue.

I have seen similar posts in this forum regarding this issue and most seem to recommend reflashing at this point. I was hoping someone might have another idea for a fix before I have to reflash the device since this will mean waiting till I get home before I can fix the issue. I really don't want to go through another trans atlantic flight without it.

I should note that I am currently on a ship in the middle of the north sea so I apologize in advance for my slow response time.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Have you tried turning up the brightness level (FN+U or FN+I for down?

2. Have you tried rebooting via pressing/holding Pandora button and flicking the power switch (instead of removing the battery every single time)?

Hope you don't get sea sick, mate

Last edited by a moderator:
Related to SONY's first suggestion, you may have to log in blind if you had your unit set up to ask for your password before it reaches XFCE, or the brightness keys may not take effect until you do. So hit enter, enter password then hit enter again and then try the brightness keys.

Related to SONY's first suggestion, you may have to log in blind if you had your unit set up to ask for your password before it reaches XFCE, or the brightness keys may not take effect until you do. So hit enter, enter password then hit enter again and then try the brightness keys.

I tried the FN+i combination as well but did not try logging in blind first before using the keys. I will try this plus the reboot using the pandora button and power switch option as soon as I get off my shift and will post the results.

Well, I don't know exactly how but the bloody thing is working again. I pressed the pandora button to begin the reboot and it came up to the login screen. I have been able to reboot it several times and the problem has yet to happen again. Just my computer magic kicking in again, I suppose.

I should note that I left the pandora plugged into the mains for the duration of my shift. It may be that there was an issue with the battery not being charged up but I can't say for sure.

Anyway, I will reply to this thread if I encounter this issue again.

Back