Pandora Startup Doesn't Complete.

The standard advice in this situation would be to reflash. Dunno, what's causing this.

It sounds similar to this:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/54523-solved-pandora-wont-boot-minimenu/

Last edited by a moderator:
before going to the extreme of a reflash, try pressing fn-i

Anychance the screen is simply staying dark i.e brightness setting bug? I had this return despite the hotfixes after low power mode useage.

Do as Pleng suggests but you may need to enter your password first.

Oh yes, didn't think about that bug. It was sorted out in the latest hotfix though, afaik.

This bug is fixed in Hotfix pack 2 its when the Pandora saves screen brightness to 0 try fn + I if not you may need to reflash. I had this 2 times, once the shortcut key fixed it, the other time I had to reflash. I haven't seen this bug repeat in Hotfix 2

I'm on hotfix 2... regardless I tried to fix the brightness, also tried to login(without seeing anything onscreen)
Now I've reflashed the FW just going through the intial setup...
EDIT: back up and running again... just have to get hotfix2 installed... again. oh and the codec pack.

Hmmm strange. I would love to know what's causing it. Can you remember what state the Pandora was left in just before it happened?

mvickers03 said:
This bug is fixed in Hotfix pack 2

Not completely. It still occurs in some circumstances. As does the disappearing wifi led.

I would concur with Pleng. This can come back after hotfix2, infact I never experienced it in hotfix1. In my case it occurred after leaving pandora in low power mode off the charger, which saw the shutdown at 5% fail to work and waking to a depleted battery. Left in normal power mode off the charger the critical shutdown appears to work fine.

The LED loss is also vaguely annoying in that it wont return once wlfi has had to be toggled.

edit: in my case it went away after several reboots without reflashing btw. Dont know why.

Pleng said:
mvickers03 said:

Not completely. It still occurs in some circumstances. As does the disappearing wifi led.

I know about the disappearing WiFi LED, but the turning-brightness-down-bug would surprise me...
I mean, it's a simple script that runs on startup and shutdown. And the brightness is only saved if it is not 0. Not much that can go wrong there.
Unless 1 is also off... ;)

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
Pleng said:
mvickers03 said:

I know about the disappearing WiFi LED, but the turning-brightness-down-bug would surprise me...
I mean, it's a simple script that runs on startup and shutdown. And the brightness is only saved if it is not 0. Not much that can go wrong there.

Wifi led dissappears now and then for me too... just to let you know :)
edit: Also, pidgin has random crashes.

And i request a release of zaxxon flash image including hotfix 3 :)
Want to reflash my pandora.

EvilDragon said:
Pleng said:
mvickers03 said:

Well its happened to me twice before. I really cant help much with what the circumstances may have been. I mean, I cant even remember if it happened after switching off and restarting the following day, or if it was a forced reboot after a crash. Though I have a feeling it may have been the latter.

As you're 'in' this thread Id like to also bring your attention to the firefox problem, as I gather it was you who PNDd it. Basically profile data is not stored/accessed properly unless Fennec has been run first!

The Pidgin problem brought up in this thread is also highly irritating. Has anybody else noted that once it crashes and is terminated once, subsequent crashes seem to occur a lot more frequently?

Yeah, still encountering brightness bug occasionally here, too. Not sure of specific circumstances, but it is definitely still happening sometimes.

Yep, I just got the same problem. It was sitting charging (via USB) all afternoon, switched off (from the xfce menu) and lid closed with about 60% charge already.
Went to open it later and half booted then black screen. If I take the battery out and leave it a while then reinsert, it half boots again.
Just off to see how to reflash...

Edit:
Ok, reflashed, and now working again. Hope that isn't needed often.

Yeah, I saw this thread when it started so I remembered that and tried all the suggestions before I reflashed. No dice :(
Oh well, thanks anyway. Hopefully there'll be a fix soon.

Back