Bluetooth pairing demands password from gamepad?

Kelvin

Pixel Mercenary
Website
www.kelvinshadewing.net
So, I'm trying to pair a 8bitdo Zero 2 gamepad. I tried as keyboard mode, and it showed a prompt to type in a password from the gamepad. Unfortunately, the pad doesn't have number keys, so it would immediately reject it. I switched it to different gamepad modes, and, for some reason, it still did the same thing, asking me to enter a password before immediately rejecting it and saying it failed to pair. Is there another way to pair that lets me skip this weird password entry? Trying it on Mint and Debian, I'm able to pair without any prompt at all.

try 0000 as password.
Try typing in '0000' using your Pandora's keyboard. Many bluetooth devices seem to use this passcode by default.

Edit: Ninja'ed. Ah well.
What are you guys talking about? I can't type in numbers on the gamepad. Where do I define my own password in the first place? The bluetooth tool generates a random number to type in.

Oh, in my experience when I last connected an 8bitdo gamepad to my Pandora, the game pad sent a hidden password of 0000 to my Pandora, which I needed to confirm on my Pandora. If it's not working like that any more, I don't know what's up.

Last edited:
Maybe you could find this useful:

Back