Bluetooth PAN tethering with the n900

emcee

I've been trying to tether my Pandora with my n900 for internet access for three days now and it seems like every time I clear one hurdle, there's another right behind it.

Has anyone successfully done this? If so, could you explain the process? Keep in mind, I have very little experience with Linux, and since it's never really came up, I have even less experience with Bluetooth. This creates a kind of perfect storm of ignorance, so don't be afraid to talk slowly and avoid big words.

I've been trying to do this as well with bluetooth using the DUN script in the [extra] repo on the n900. But I can't get the pandora to enable internet sharing (option doesn't appear).

Ugh PAN. I was hoping DUN could be used and avoid installing a custom kernel on the n900.
I tried for ages few months ago but got no where with dun unfortunately (by no means does that mean it cant be done)

I settles with PAN barely use it put have a queenbee icon for the n900 script and menu item for pandora script.

Does mean installing custom kernel and such though but its all pretty easy

Last edited by a moderator:

Ugh PAN. I was hoping DUN could be used and avoid installing a custom kernel on the n900.

i did a very dirty howto for DUN bluetooth connection

it works on nokia symbian phones. Don't know if maemo behaves different.

I saw that but I was confused by step 7 and 8. What do you mean by provider domain and 3g info?

your phone settings

step 7 (example)

user vivo

password vivo

those 2 lines might not be necessary,

step 8

OK 'AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","zap.vivo.com.br"'

What if my provider doesn't use a user and password should these two then just be:

user

password

and by "YOUR PROVIDER DOMAIN" is that the APN?

I just tried your dirty howto and get an error saying

pppd:This system lacks kernel support for PPP.

EDIT: Had a typo in when calling

sudo rfcomm ....

now when I try to connect with "sudo pppd call 3G" I get

Connect script failed

:(

try deleting the lines user and pass, and yes, provider domain is the APN, right

about the connection script, that's a common error, that i myself encounter sometimes (i could get a N80 to tether, but not my C6), and i don't really know how to solve it, if you read the whole thread, you'll see that a guy got it to work after rebooting the pandora, sorry i can't help you more than this

Tried deleting those two lines but I still get same error.

Back