Blur New Gp2x-f200 User Here

BigHeadDog

Still Fresh
got a set today and was trying to use the emulators and there are a couple of qns :

1. do i just use any roms found from other sites and dump into my set inorder to play emu or i need to use the roms found in this site?

now i am in a blur stage...

It depends on the emulator you are using.

If it's a console emulator (e.g. SNES, Genesis, NeoGeo Pocket), pretty much any ROM found on any of these ROM sites can be used. If it's an arcade emulator (e.g. CPS-1, CPS-2, NeoGeo MVS), then they have to follow a certain format, usually a specific version of MAME's. Those ROM sites might contain the ROM sets that are compatible, but if not, you could either format them yourself using ROM tools like ClrMame Pro or look for torrents for the GP2X that have ROMs already formatted and are ready to use. ;)

(Take note, not all the ROMs are supported or are working properly for both console & arcade emulators.)

For more specific information on how to properly run a specific emulator, read the Readme files that comes with it, and also use the search function of this forum or Google to look for answers and more information. B)

P.S. This forum does not contain or host ROMs, nor allow linking to ROM sites.

Manjuu said:
It depends on the emulator you are using.

If it's a console emulator (e.g. SNES, Genesis, NeoGeo Pocket), pretty much any ROM found on any of these ROM sites can be used. If it's an arcade emulator (e.g. CPS-1, CPS-2, NeoGeo MVS), then they have to follow a certain format, usually a specific version of MAME's. Those ROM sites might contain the ROM sets that are compatible, but if not, you could either format them yourself using ROM tools like ClrMame Pro or look for torrents for the GP2X that have ROMs already formatted and are ready to use. ;)

(Take note, not all the ROMs are supported or are working properly for both console & arcade emulators.)

For more specific information on how to properly run a specific emulator, read the Readme files that comes with it, and also use the search function of this forum or Google to look for answers and more information. B)

P.S. This forum does not contain or host ROMs, nor allow linking to ROM sites.
so in a nutshell just dump the roms inside the set will do?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, you can always try them first to see if they work. If not, then do those that I suggested. :lol:

Back