Blurp - The GP32X Downtime Status Thread

I experienced UNBELIEVEABLE slowness for page loading (when the boards were shortly online). I doubt that's related, and I'm not sure if it's just me, but if it isn't, it really needs to be looked into. It took anywhere between 5 and 20 minutes to load a page. There was obviously something wrong (and it probably wasn't IPB's fault).

Vorporeal said:
I experienced UNBELIEVEABLE slowness for page loading (when the boards were shortly online). I doubt that's related, and I'm not sure if it's just me, but if it isn't, it really needs to be looked into. It took anywhere between 5 and 20 minutes to load a page. There was obviously something wrong (and it probably wasn't IPB's fault).
Don't worry, when it's all sorted it will be very speedy indeed :)

WarmFluffyUK said:
Vorporeal said:
Don't worry, when it's all sorted it will be very speedy indeed :)
Until news gets out that it's open again, followed by a user flood DDoS which crashes the server ...

javaJake said:
BackAssward said:
- EvilDragon rallies the community for donations.
- Large influx of donations received, enough to upgrade.
- Upgrade takes down the gp32x forums.
- We all come here.
I lol'ed. Talk about irony. :D
I :huh:'d about donating money to make the forum go away ;)

Pandora : users willing to pay for promises and excuses :lol: :wub:
Hope was all that remained :( -_-

Why? When gp32x is updated and stable, what possible advantage does this one have over it?

lingenfr said:
gp32rich said:
I'd think about donating money to make the forum go away ;)
Agreed, RIP.

Don't edit someone's post in a quotation to suit a meaning that you want unless you somehow depict where your changes were made. (use of bold, italics, or some other way)

-God Ginrai

Good point. My intent was not to 'suit' my meaning, it was to try not to make someone look silly by posting a misworded sentence. Thank goodness you feel no compunction about trying to make someone look silly. Fixed now. Have a good weekend.

So what if he does?
Other people have been given admin access, so Hando becoming inactive is no longer a problem :).

pandora said:
So what if he does?
Other people have been given admin access, so Hando becoming inactive is no longer a problem :).
It is still going to be a problem, because ED does 1. not have access to the actual server, but only the CMS and 2. not in any way have FTP access which would make him able to fix errors like the ones that occurred recently.

Please, prove me wrong.

dflemstr said:
pandora said:
So what if he does?
It is still going to be a problem, because ED does 1. not have access to the actual server, but only the CMS and 2. not in any way have FTP access which would make him able to fix errors like the ones that occurred recently.

Please, prove me wrong.
phpbb sucks. proving you wrong is not needed.

phpbb is the best forum i know. I have use it on all my sites. and my friends use it as well.
But lets keep ontopic about the issue, even if this is the offtopic discussion :p

can we have any updates?

No further updates so far, sorry. Regarding PHPBB, I also use it for my own forums but it is a very targeted by Mr hacker. If I had something as major as GP32X I would feel very insecure using PHPBB.

If this place gets anywhere near as big as GP32X, you will guarantee it will be hacked about once a month. Don't forget we attract geeks, when modded they may get annoyed and some are childish enough to resort to anarchy, especially when the source is completely free. Oh and don't forget we're dealing with not only adults, but young teens here, teens do tend to do things with a kind of ferocious intent. We all know they don't mean it and accept the apology when they finally grow up, SIGH.

Back