Boah, Rick Dangerous

brutaLIzer

Still Fresh
on the AMIGA or is my memory just that holey?

I just installed and played it a bit. After 5 secs there's the first guess and have luck situation. I had it as a cool game in my mind.
Was it really that bad designed or is the port different to the original?

it was a good game on the Amiga, but it did suffer from 'hidden danger' :unsure:

whoever ported it last on GP32 really screwed up the control system making it near unplayable :blink:

Well... I've played Rick on the Amiga for a long time and my first test on GP32 and I thought the game was really bad... but when I've tested it for a longer period the game handles really well... and you learn to control the little Rick... i.e the game is still good on the GP32!

I never tried the amiga version, but played it loads on the c64. Actually thought the gp32 version was really good although it takes a bit of getting used to the fire+up / down etc. with a little thumb pad

First go I got straight through the fist level, so I was happy!

I haven't tried the GP32 version, but have played the C64 version (Frodo) and the ST version (Castaway) and they both play great.

With the ST's slightly dark colour palette, its a bit bland looking, but the C64 version looks surprisingly good. The levels are shorter though.

The Rick Dangerous Port is 1:1. But the game is really difficult. Maybe nowdays your gaming needs are not as easy to satisfy as they were in the good ol' amiga-times?

When I played Rick on the GP32 the first time, I remembered all the traps from the Amiga Version :)
Hehe, that was fun :)

Hmmm...I thought the gp32 version was originally ported from the Atari St source code. As I remember, Rick Dangerous had slightly unresponsive controls in the first place on the 16-bit versions....

I used to have Rick Dangerous on the ST and playing the ported and emulated versions on my GP32 brought back all the great memeories. I think the cntrols on the ported versions are perfect and what a game!!

btw.... the ST is alot better than the Amiga (well it is in my mind anyway!! :D !

If you are playing the gp32 port of rick then you should really try the gold version which has the music and also thankfully lets you use A to jump

btw.... the ST is alot better than the Amiga (well it is in my mind anyway!! :D !
you didnt play the Amiga much then, did you :p

on topic, the port is flawless, i actually got further in this than i remember getting in the classic Amiga, and its still just as fun.

As for being hard, i recon its more a memory game than anything.

Classic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back