[Board] How to search for (own) older content ?

thatgui

Advanced Member
Hello,

maybe some of the board "pros" can help me out. I tried to find an old thread I created some years ago, via "My Content" > "topics". But the lowermost entry I can see is from 2013-09. Can anybody give me a hint on how to find older topics ?

I've just recently learned that you can find the posts that you were warned for. So my suggestion is to just get a warning point for every topic/post you make, and it will all be easy for you to find.

Oddly enough, if I use View new content->enable 'Items I started' and 'Past year' and it shows me my topics started for the last year plus one extra topic, from 2013-08. I'm not sure if I started any threads on here before that, so you might want to try that and see how far back it actually goes.

'My topics' from the profile view only shows me one years worth of topics too, fwiw.

I've just recently learned that you can find the posts that you were warned for. So my suggestion is to just get a warning point for every topic/post you make, and it will all be easy for you to find.
I guess it will be kind of hard to get warning points for threads older than two years, but its worth a try: "Hey Wally I called you a troglodyte in every single thread I made here since I registered till about 2013"! 
Oddly enough, if I use View new content->enable 'Items I started' and 'Past year' and it shows me my topics started for the last year plus one extra topic, from 2013-08. I'm not sure if I started any threads on here before that, so you might want to try that and see how far back it actually goes.

'My topics' from the profile view only shows me one years worth of topics too, fwiw.
Thanks for the hint, but the maximum is one year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Click the gear icon beside the search to do an advanced search.  Leave the text field blank and just put your name into the "Find Author" field.  It can only display up to 4 pages at a time so you'll also need to narrow down the time frame by using the "Find by date" section.  Start with a year and if you get 4 full pages reduce it.  Once your search is only returning 3 pages or fewer at a time you can then go to each page and do a regular browser find for "Started by thatgui".  And then move to the next date window until you find it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Click the gear icon beside the search to do an advanced search.  Leave the text field blank and just put your name into the "Find Author" field.  It can only display up to 4 pages at a time so you'll also need to narrow down the time frame by using the "Find by date" section.  Start with a year and if you get 4 full pages reduce it.  Once your search is only returning 3 pages or fewer at a time you can then go to each page and do a regular browser find for "Started by thatgui".  And then move to the next date window until you find it.
thanks, its quite cumbersome but at least its a workaround

Back