Board Reading Apps: Tired of Tapatalk

Cralex

Hey, guys. So I'm an iPhone user and, like apparently many reviewers in the App Store, I'm frustrated with the recent changes that Tapatalk have made to their UI.

Maybe it's just me, but I find it frusterating how difficult it is to simply navigate through the various topics like you can on the website or older versions of the app. While it's interesting that Tapatalk tries to highlight content for me, I'm always worried that I'm missing something if I don't go look at the topics myself. About the only thing that I do appreciate is notifications from favourite topics, like the Pyra news updates.

I'd try something else, but it seems that the other options are either poor in quality or they simply don't exist. For instance, I just bought an app called ForumRunner, only to find that many boards that I visit, such as this one, don't support the app. For some odd reason, Tapatalk is the king and there isn't any competition to speak of.

So now as I type this in my phone's browser on the mobile version of the board, (which honestly isn't too bad of an experience,) what do you fair ladies and gentlemen do to browse boards like this on the go?

Last edited by a moderator:
So now as I type this in my phone's browser on the mobile version of the board, (which honestly isn't too bad of an experience,) what do you fair ladies and gentlemen do to browse boards like this on the go?
I never use native apps. They are Evil (non cross platform, proprietary, they leak pissloads of info about you without you knowing). A browser is good enough. 

I use opera mini on my Android phone.

With the data compression it does I don't need an app.

Also I dislike mobile sites.

Always use the Desktop version of the boards and it works fine.

Back