How about some more moderators?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do have to say, this might be one of the more effective methods of getting him to stop flaming people.
This will work only as long as he didn't find out that he was fooled. The actual administration have more important things to do than teaching a spammer keeping his fingers still. Hoping that a moderator hat will do this will work if the spammer feels responsible for the moderator job. Actually that's not the case.

He is here all the time and I sometimes think people take him much more seriously than he intends.
Great. If i don't need to take him/a mod serious, i don't have to remove him from my ignore list.

And what will happen if your new mod starts with moderation and got "craig told us we should not take you to much seriously, thanks for info now leave me alone" as reaction? It's not nice if nobody takes you serious but it's really frustrating if you have the say and nobody takes you serious. In case of that there is a risk he will misuse his mod powers.

He is no more than an attention seeker, only ever posts stupid one liners lots of those offensive

and stupid kiddy pictures and worse.

[...]

EDIT:
What has not been taken into account is now that he has been made a mod all the stupid offensive posts

he has made in past show as posted by a mod.
Yes. Indeed. That is a critical issue. The latest new user really got hurt and that thread is now a good external example how new users of the pandora will be treated by offical board moderators. To prevent this there are two possible solutions. First: Remove moderator status of sony or Second: Reset sonys account and delete all his previous postings.

The forum isn't supposed to deadly serious, it's supposed to be mixed with fun.
I don't want to waste too much time with funny moderators.

I can already see ED having to clean up the mess soon, yet again.. Likely with some irreversible damage this time.

And some of the best new customer support ever!
That is the point. It's like let the fox guard the hen house. Imagine him moderating devs. Not supporting repo specs, delegating duties to a widely not respected person - OpenPandora Ltd. continues it's descent.

Last edited by a moderator:
We can also watch you know.

I would suggest a thread be started in which the community can post their suggestions for more effective moderation, to make note of counter productive or excessive moderation, and to bring to attention instances in which we feel a moderator could be out of line.

We can also encourage our moderators that are doing a good job.

I don't mean this thread to be an avenue to attack anybody, but to be a sounding board for the community.

Give SONY a chance... If the thread becomes populated with too many grievances, well, something will have to be done about it.

Good Idea? Bad Idea? :unsure:

This thing just keeps going around and around in circles, so I'm locking it up now. Please move on and talk about the more important things in life, like the awesome "OpenPandora handheld console".

Also, please read this. and let me do my job here.

Thank you.

THREAD LOCKED

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back