How about some more moderators?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what mods are there for in the rest of the internet: telling people they don't like to stfu.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can already see ED having to clean up the mess soon, yet again.. Likely with some irreversible damage this time.

And some of the best new customer support ever!

Hi

That is what makes me laugh about this person being made a mod, three weeks ago he gets a public

warning from ED saying it was some of the worst behavior on the boards he had seen from sony, next

he is mod.

i dunno.. i like the idea of setting a troll loose on the other trolls.

and prometheus is definitely a good choice.

I dunno, maybe it's for the best. Prometheus can mod Sony when he forgets himself and Sony can mod Prometheus when she keep going on about that bleeding Megaman and fake SD cards from ebay. :p

In fact, Sony will probably mod himself in the morning when he realises what an arse he's been the night before. :p This is a little test to see if Sony mods this post.

Congratulations to Prometheus. Great choice. Loving your work, and the way in which you carry yourself. You're an asset to this forum and to the community at large.

My dog could have unloaded its stomach contents onto my sandwich and it would be less objectionable than Sony becoming a mod.

I sit here like a nice patient little end-user - like most of us - with my hundreds of dollars tied up for years on the other side of the planet knowing that one day, someday, it'll all come good.. No complaints. No threats. Just keep my head down, keep up-to-date on the forums and the issues at hand, help where (little) I can, keep learning some GLBasic or something so I can give back when the time comes.

Then Craig wakes up one morning and decides to turn almost every porter and developer against him, and now this. Clearly he's lost the plot. Clearly the pressure is too much too bear.

Clearly, sir, you are taking the piss. Good one. Got us good. Now just change Sony back to the obnoxious consequence of too-much-freedom that he was and we'll say no more on the matter. All fixed.

Jesus wept, indeed.

congrats to Mega-Mod, well deserved, now on the other decision, SONY, we've had our downs, and lately ups, but if your mod status allows you to unmod others, please remove the moderator status from yourself

Well, it certainly means I have to spend more time during the next days checking everything is going well.

I'll try to make sure nothing bad happens.

I wouldn't have selected Sony myself, but who knows how it'll work.

I say let's give him a chance.

If he isn't fit for the job, he'll lose mod status. It's pretty easy.

Making SONY a mod is smart IMO because now he is forced to behave himself. I have faith in SONY and ED so I predict everything will work out fine, let's at least give him a chance.

Making SONY a mod is smart IMO because now he is forced to behave himself.
By that logic we should make everybody a mod and then we'll have the perfect forum.

EvilDragon said:
Well, it certainly means I have to spend more time during the next days checking everything is going well.
Well there's a fail right there. If the appointment of a moderator on a forum is such that it requires the administrators of the forum to spend time making sure 'everything is going well' with that moderator in place (rather than spending precious time developing the operating system, building Pandoras, or any one of a dozen other things more important), then could there be a more empirical measure of how unsuitable an appointment it is?

EvilDragon said:
If he isn't fit for the job, he'll lose mod status.
Sadly, as it turns out, if you're not fit for the job you gain mod status.

I say let's give him a chance.

If he isn't fit for the job, he'll lose mod status. It's pretty easy.

I was just as shocked as everyone else at first, but after some thought... I'm thinking Craig made an inspired decision. This could turn out to be a brilliant move. :)

Prometheus has always been a mod in my eyes... I'm just surprised it's taken this long to materialize.

All in all I couldn't be more pleased. ;)

Prometheus, good call. Congrats!

Sony... mixed feelings. I'll admit, I was shocked to see the "staff" icon under his name. After reading his quite offensive and rather racist posts not long ago, and the constant posting of flash videos, images, and endless one-liner comments that really don't add anything to the topics he posts in, I'm not sure this is a good idea. I can't even put him in the ignore list in case I get some in-thread warning from him.

Anywho, I'm not against the guy himself, just the new status. Hopefully we, as a forum, will have the power to suggest removal of his new found power if he gets out of hand. I'm looking forward to seeing how he behaves from here on out.

Prometheus, good call. Congrats!

Sony... mixed feelings. I'll admit, I was shocked to see the "staff" icon under his name. After reading his quite offensive and rather racist posts not long ago, and the constant posting of flash videos, images, and endless one-liner comments that really don't add anything to the topics he posts in, I'm not sure this is a good idea. I can't even put him in the ignore list in case I get some in-thread warning from him.

Anywho, I'm not against the guy himself, just the new status. Hopefully we, as a forum, will have the power to suggest removal of his new found power if he gets out of hand. I'm looking forward to seeing how he behaves from here on out.
You're not the only one :( :( :( :eek: :eek: :angry: :( :angry: :eek:

Making SONY a mod is smart IMO because now he is forced to behave himself.
By that logic we should make everybody a mod and then we'll have the perfect forum.

True, but I really didn't think we needed more mods anyway because most posters do behave themselves. SONY was one of the few who crossed the line occasionally (in my opinion), and now he will be watched much more closely. Either he behaves or he is out, the middle ground has been removed.

I would suggest that if SONY is serious about being a mod, he should delete all his old posts.

There is something wrong when you see:

They copy everything and their government even encourages them to do so, because it's part of the "as long as you're getting rich doing it, it's ok" régime. Copyright rules in China are disappointing to say the least!!!

Coming from 'Open Pandora Staff'...

Just for fun (Caesar shift 3) ;)

i predict craig will lock this thread, saying how much he hates arguing and how everyone's wrong/overreacting (while being sure to have the final word himself)

Sorry Exophase -_-

Aw man, you spoiled it! Now I can't be held accountable for it not coming true. Next time I guess I'll have to use a much better crypt :(

I suggest Caesar 4. :p

EvilDragon said:
Well there's a fail right there. If the appointment of a moderator on a forum is such that it requires the administrators of the forum to spend time making sure 'everything is going well' with that moderator in place (rather than spending precious time developing the operating system, building Pandoras, or any one of a dozen other things more important), then could there be a more empirical measure of how unsuitable an appointment it is?

You ALWAYS need to spend some tome when you have new moderators, as moderating styles differ from board to board.

Good to see you're going over some of your old posts, Sony. Very admirable, and I'm glad to see you're taking this seriously. I appreciate the effort, and I'm sure others will, too.

cheers

I find it interesting that this decision has brought some of our quieter members out from their usual silence.

Welcome, guys and gals! Why so reserved? Speak up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back