Bob Case Mods..

Cervante

PS3 ID: Cervante1
Website
Visit site
Can anyone post pictures of a Bob Case mod you have done? I dont think I can wait any longer for a consumer version, im just gonna go ahead and buy the developers version...

gp2xbobmockup5qn1.jpg
work in progress

triton posted on Oct 13 2006 at 04:39 AM said:
gp2xbobmockup5qn1.jpg
work in progress
Yee gods, and to think people thought my D-pad mod was ugly - in comparison it was extreme beauty! :huh: It may have been better to have made a different backing for the GP2x case and painted it black. You could have incorporated the BOB board on top of the GP2x board (using card/acetate to keep the boards apart), with positions cut out for the USB ports, etc; and battery compartment. The end result would look nicer, integrated and slimmer too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why oh why do certain people just HAVE to quote a post WITH AN IMAGE in it? I've seen the same image.. what.. THRICE now? You can just edit the picture out of your quote, you know. :rolleyes:

Ontopic: Although it looks rather ugly and big, it seems to be a way cool thing to add to your Gp2x. I wish I had the courage to do something like that.... and the BoB.. :p

Why do people rag on him, he's not a goddamn moulder. He did a fine job, and GPH should learn from this and make several versions of the BOB (dock, extension, etc.) to better suit everyone's particular needs.

- Alex

Anyone read the "work in progress" bit? :p

(Or was that the thing "edited by him"...?)

It looks damn nice, imho. Utilitarian, function before form. Me likes.

Err..I dont like when people bash a mod, especially since know one else has attempted it. To me it looks like more than just a case mod, he is also adding batteries, I can see them in the picture. Hopefully for longer battery life, unless that is to just power the Bob? It looks like he is using a nice pair of NiMh's. Keep up the good work man ;)

lol the bob thing is REMOVABLE people, it slides on the back and its still WORK IN PROGRESS! sure it aint pretty right now but it will look ok when its done. my bob mockup you see there has 4 usb ports, a nintendo AV connector and 4AA batteries

triton posted on Oct 16 2006 at 02:39 PM said:
lol the bob thing is REMOVABLE people, it slides on the back and its still WORK IN PROGRESS! sure it aint pretty right now but it will look ok when its done. my bob mockup you see there has 4 usb ports, a nintendo AV connector and 4AA batteries

Hey triton, is this based on the dev BOB ?? or one of your own construction ??

Looks pretty good fro a WiP though.

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Instead of the recess (so you can have access to the two batteries inside the GP2x cover), you might be able to incorporate a larger battery compartment to fit a pair of C-cell batteries (at a push). You can get rechargable batteries for C-cells at about 9,000NiMH, as I recall, which should give far longer game play between recharges. Just a suggestion, if you have some spare space remaining, as per the pic. This would also take out the risk of cutting your fingers or hand during gameplay with the sharp edges (as per pic).

Do you have enough space for this?

its of my own design. there is no room for C cells unless i want to about double the thickness again, , no sharp edges to worry about really and even less so when i get it more finalized.i have it set up to run the usb ports off of 4 2500Mah AAs. the only problem i am having is wiring up the USB filter thing and trying to fit it inshde the connector. i havent worked on it in a while but mebe in the next few days i can get it working. after i get it working i will deal with the cosmetic stuff

God damn! that thing is fugly...

now it is a brick.

but good work to you

i was thinking the same thing paradox. I'm thinking about something like this... may take me awhile to buy the BOB though...

Back