Bob''s Game

VRAndy said:
The Nintendo/Yakuza gangsters must seriously lack foresight if they went to all that trouble but still failed to get into the guy's safe.

Seriously, it's weird how 'Bob' has essentially poisoned his own reputation. Who would hire this person for a serious job? Certainly no one in the games industry.
Hey, don't take it too serious. Computer game stories, even the ones of AAA titles, are weird and he's just showing of his ability to write crazy notes that may eventually make sense once the story is over.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, but this? This is beyond "crazy notes" - he's writing about splitting headaches, an identity crisis, and police checking him out (apparently someone did get worried and called them in). I don't know about you guys, but I've pretty much lost hope. :(

Edit: Read this:
It was foolish of me to think Nintendo would hear my pleas. They're just another heartless corporation, only interested in the biggest profits. The core gamers don't matter anymore. It's not about the games or the fans, it's about spreading out and getting casual gamers to buy Wii Fit. The golden days of video games are long gone. A game like mine has no place on the shelf along with games like "Crossword Puzzles" and "Sudoku."

Nintendo sells all these games about "doing your best" and "being the hero," telling kids "you can do it if you try," but in the end that's just a story, a marketing lie that sounds good. That's business. That's the real world. In reality, if Link approached the castle gate, a guard would just throw him out. It doesn't matter how much courage he has. It doesn't matter how talented he is with his sword, or how pure hearted he might be. He's wearing a dirty tunic and he has no credentials. "Get out of here, you stupid kid." The evil kingdom of Ganon (Or should I say "Gantendo") spreads across the land, Zelda dies, and the credits scroll. Game over. That's the real Nintendo, I guess.

I've had enough. I'm ending the protest. I give up on getting the SDK. I really tried my best. Show's over. It's just not going to work. Sorry, everyone. I just can't stay in here. My head won't stop pounding. I feel like I'm losing my mind. It's like I'm splitting in half. I keep seeing these posts that I apparently wrote, but I can't remember writing them. I'm afraid I'm becoming someone else entirely.

Nobody even takes me seriously anymore- how is Nintendo supposed to? Everyone thinks it's some kind of viral ad. It's obviously not. I'm one guy that can't get a break. Don't you think that maybe I might get a little angry being locked in here for a month with no response? So maybe I have to joke around a little to cheer myself up. Big deal. I'll stay locked in for the rest of today to make an even 30 days, and then the protest is over. I know I lost. I've been completely disgraced and humiliated. I've been stepped on, pushed around, and trampled from all sides. It's like trying to fight a machine with words, with an army mocking you the whole time.

It's OK, Nintendo. I'm trying not to blame you, I really am. It's just.. man, I was stupid to believe that stuff.
"Be a hero! You can do it!" Yeah, right. "Throw away five years of your life." I guess that doesn't sell as well, huh?

My head hurts, so I'm ending this post. Sorry, everybody. Whatever. Why does this HURT so much?
http://kotaku.com/5128206/bobs-protest--an...s-game--is-over

"Some guy over on 4chan's /v/ board...."

The channers. They are why we can't have nice things.

This is either some odd advertising campaign for the game, or we've been spectacularly trolled. I have no idea which, but I'm leaning toward the latter lately.

The whole thing doesn't even make sense.

He's obsessed with getting Nintendo to give him a developer's kit. But why? He claims that the software is already finished. (Presumably with the home-brew SDKs?) It's not strictly necessary to use the approved SDK, IIRC there have been a small number of DS and GBA games that haven't. If you've got finished software what you need is a publisher.

But even assuming for the moment, that he really does need the SDK for some reason that he hasn't explained. It's not that hard to get. Nintendo lays out their requirements pretty clearly. He could easily get a loan from a bank to cover the out-of-pocket expense of setting up a small company that Nintendo would recognize, rent an office, and hire a lawyer to handle the confidentiality paperwork. Even in today's skittish banking environment, a finished game would give him enough credibility to do that. Or he could put his car up for collateral. Heck, I could probably do that on my credit card.

So, essentially, he's completely flipped his lid and is accusing Nintendo of being a front for organized crime, because they won't break their own rules to give him something that he doesn't need.

Who in their right mind would ever want to do business with such a drama queen?

VRAndy said:
So, essentially, he's completely flipped his lid and is accusing Nintendo of being a front for organized crime, because they won't break their own rules to give him something that he doesn't need.

lol, he'll end up getting himself in trouble with the police, then he'll really know life isn't the idealised dream he thinks it is, lol

Seriously, the guys a whinging bitch, I don't believe this has some secret advertising thing behind it (people saying Nintendo could be in on it etc, that's just daft when he's slating them and every other coder, games designer), he's just full of himself.

Hate to say it too but 20 odd days in a room don't send anyone mad, takes longer than that unless your already a bit cuckoo.

How come the vids are of higher res than a DS as well, would like to see how it looked at 256*192, wouldn't look half as nice as on the vids I dare say.

purple_goat said:
I'd buy a boxed copy on Pandora.
+1

Even if its a stunt, It's a 1 person effort, and worth the money. How much more unique than that can you get.
I recognize, most of our best coders work in a vacuum, and unless he's just flat out lying about coding it all alone, I think members in our community will appreciate it for what it is. The game that is.

A down loadable or solid media game for the pandora would give him the chance to se his game realized for persons(coders and Retro enthisiasts) who would appreciate it for what it is.

Over 200+ unique characters and over 160 tracks? thats just crazy.

I say, let him come to us, and we'll set him strait, and give him good advice for the future.

I'd like to see it, and for my money..........

Thats My kind of Crazy!

quasist said:
Where is the ROM? ... :p
oh it will be released, but not until everyone is finished with his stupid shenanigans and no one cares anymore.

yaKC said:
VRAndy said:

lol, he'll end up getting himself in trouble with the police, then he'll really know life isn't the idealised dream he thinks it is, lol

Seriously, the guys a whinging bitch, I don't believe this has some secret advertising thing behind it (people saying Nintendo could be in on it etc, that's just daft when he's slating them and every other coder, games designer), he's just full of himself.

Hate to say it too but 20 odd days in a room don't send anyone mad, takes longer than that unless your already a bit cuckoo.

How come the vids are of higher res than a DS as well, would like to see how it looked at 256*192, wouldn't look half as nice as on the vids I dare say.

Just look at what is presented:
The slating is only very rarely directly targeted at Nintendo if you look. Even this latest message that is on the site going on about "Japanese Mafia" and Hanafuda cards... it doesn't even mention Nintendo directly. It's only inferred.
Previously his rantings have been directed at "Yuu" ("Yuu will see, Nintendo.") Nintendo and Reggie are thrown in at the end of the sentence to misdirect you.
The trailer shows us Bob as the last boss.
He has stated that he has changed into the last boss. (In order for him to be a baddy he wants us to actually dislike him, and for most people this is working ;))
I am almost completely convinced this is an ARG and I hope it begins to make sense come day 100.

I didn't understand.....
But does he actually have a bob's game copy?
What does "THEY CAME INTO MY HOUSE!!!" mean?
Is Bob's game lost?

giovanni said:
I didn't understand.....
But does he actually have a bob's game copy?
What does "THEY CAME INTO MY HOUSE!!!" mean?
Is Bob's game lost?
His mommy just cleared his room :)

What I'm thinking here is, seeing as crazy people turn up being great authors and have many famous books, maybe crazy game developers do the same as well. Unless it is all a publicity stunt, and it's not working. Wait, I take that back, this thread is proof of it still working.

how can anyone think its NOT just some kind of tie in / arg /publicity thing now? I already should have realized it earlier, but knowing theres alot of crazy people on the internet (timecube) i didnt. now its obvious.

Back