Bob''s Game

'ashdjones' said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRrEakRSfSk...feature=related

Just watched Stage 80, I really do like the guy's writing and the general story concept. Hmm delicious mind-screw conspiracy drama.

It makes me laugh that people are still getting worked up over this - he wanted to villify himself and it worked.
This isn't the same type of anger that he wanted- we aren't mad at the stupid metagame bob, were made at the real 'bob' figure whos behind it.

Last edited by a moderator:
It just got boring fast, basically. I had a lot more interest in the game when he still had some dignity and hadnt tried to turn it into a wacky concept that to me has just made it a bit childish and irritating. Although I suppose we should be glad that the baddy of bob's game is just a nob, rather than he bringing a condemned or manhunt type of villain to the real world, going round twatting people with 2 by 4's and pipes in the name of viral marketing.

'PoisonedV' said:
This isn't the same type of anger that he wanted- we aren't mad at the stupid metagame bob, were made at the real 'bob' figure whos behind it.
There's a difference? Bob is just playing mind games with you, I noticed this early on. It's weird but we think alike, and i've done something similar albeit on a smaller scale - it's much easier to attract attention by stimulating feelings of outrage, I discovered a long time ago how petty, judgemental and easily provoked the Geek Crowd can be.

People won't forget this stunt either, for good or ill - it'll sell some games, but there'll be people who'll still think he's a prick.

So wait a second............... Did he pull one over on us? Does this game even exist? I have been following this game off and on and when I checked the website, I was kinda confused.

-Spadoof :gp2x

I don't think it matters if the game exists or not. GAH! I am typing in this thread again.

Oh God, I can't believe I took the time to read this whole thread last night, BIG mistake. I woke up with 5 gray hairs! And i'm 20! Worse, I still don't know what to think about the "game".

Do I want it to be fake, so I can laugh?
Or do I want it to be real, so I can beat that boss "Bob"?

The mysteries of life...

Hah, now seriously, I laughed a lot with this thing. :lol:

'WizardStan' said:
'Yrx' said:
Why in the world is everyone getting so worked up about this? I find it hilarious just because it's so ridiculous. It's generally good form to know when not to take things seriously.
He's going to a lot of trouble to spread misinformation about the video game industry. Iff it's all part of the game, then there's no problem: whee, good fun, you got me Bob, so on and so forth.
On the other hand, if he truly believes the things he's talking about, at least in part, then he could be doing a lot of damage. One crazy person says crazy things, and 99 out of 100 people realize it's crazy and ignore him. That 100th person, however, agrees it makes sense. Now there are two crazy people, convincing enough that of the next 100 people, 2 are convinced. It grows slowly, but eventually a large enough minority of people believe this totally stupid thing that it catches the media's attention. Suddenly the majority see it as fact: it must be true, the media is reporting on it! Public outcry follows, and everyone suffers.
99.999% of the time, this doesn't happen. People say stupid things and it goes nowhere, but there's always a small chance that the next person could be just charismatic enough, and armed with just the right set of "facts" to start the ball rolling.
In short, consider even the minor attacks of a madman a threat, because you can't afford to underestimate the stupidity of the masses.

He's not even trying to make it sound serious, though. I mean, he's been abducted by aliens. :lol: And sure, some people might believe it, but people believe a lot of goofy things. He's accomplished his goal, and anyone who gets the joke is laughing their heads off at this entire thing. That Nintendo World video? That was absolutely hysterical. He looked like he was wearing an outfit out of the live-action Super Mario Bros. movie, with an ego to match, and still people are getting mad at this? It's ridiculous! Take it as such! Try it, you'll like it. ;)

EDIT: Has anyone seen what he has posted on bobsgame.com right now? hahahaha

Copied the demo to my SuperCard and gave it a quick play.
First impression: not bad. He's done a few cosmetic things with the way the camera moves that I like. I'm quite intrigued by the idea of the games on the bottom screen, although I must admit that I spent a half hour trying to beat Tetrid before giving up.
The graphics are quite enjoyable. Nothing especially eye catching, but everything seems to work in it's pixelly world. Character animation is fluid. A little more could have been done to make characters stand out. When they're not moving, sometimes they can blend in with their surroundings.
Music and sound gets an A+. Each character seems to have their own "voice", the words buzzing with a different pitch which adds a bit more personality to them. The music was very classical Nintendo, not much more to say on that.
Gameplay is amusing. The premise seems to be playing games within the game while you play the game (yo dawg...) Meanwhile, other things happen, and it's up to Yuu to wander around and solve the problem. Bob did well by the dual screen, much better usage of the platform than many commercial games I've played.
My only concern is that it says "Licensed by Nintendo" on the bottom screen, and then "Probably will never be" across the top, which once again brings up the question: is this an official DS game and we're still playing the viral marketing thing, or did he really not get the developer license he needed? If he did get the stuff he needed and the game really is coming out for DS, I might be tempted to get it. However, if he didn't get what he needed and he releases it as a ROM download, if I detect even a hint of arrogance, ignorance, or bitterness at the outcome when this is all over I will walk away.

No, it's definitely not Licenced by Nintendo. Nintendo would never get behind a game and then have the developer release a demo on a flashcard. They would make it available at the various DS download points.

'Bramrash' said:
Or would they?????...... dannnnnn da dan dan DAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNN

*shifty eyes*
no... they definitely wouldnt. upon playing, i think its very obvious this game was meant to be ds only

Tetrid!!! SMASH!
That was stupidly hard for little payoff. Better not have to do that in the actual game.

'WizardStan' said:
Tetrid!!! SMASH!
That was stupidly hard for little payoff. Better not have to do that in the actual game.
Apparently it's just unskippable for the demo. And you win the GameToy Color if you beat it in the actual game.

Back