Bochs V0.2 Help - It Just Goes Back To The Gp2x Menu

telegramguy

Website
www.youtube.com
Howdy,

I thought it would be straightforward to get bochs running but am having quite a problem. the log file shows no useful info and after launching the bochs.gpe script, it just goes back to the gp2x menu like it's supposed to. I've got the freedos image fdosmini.img in the directory running bochs and have modified the config file as shown below. I've even tried to knock down the memory to 16 and 20mb but it still bombs out.

I've also tried to move all the files to /bochs but still no go. I'm running firmware 2.0. Any ideas? thanks!

# configuration file generated by Bochs
# config_interface: textconfig
# display_library: x
megs: 32
romimage: file="$BXSHARE/BIOS-bochs-latest", address=0xf0000
vgaromimage: file="$BXSHARE/VGABIOS-lgpl-latest"
boot: disk
# no floppya
# no floppyb
ata0: enabled=1, ioaddr1=0x1f0, ioaddr2=0x3f0, irq=14
ata0-master: type=disk, mode=flat, translation=auto, path="fdosmini.img", cylinders=20, heads=16, spt=63, biosdetect=auto, model="Generic 1234"

After a fair bit of googling, I'm beginning to wonder if anyone's gotten this to work except for the author. Most ever site just quotes the same phrase about how it's slow but works.

Has anyone actually gotten this to work? ..never mind for now how.

Blah posted on Aug 6 2006 at 12:32 PM said:
Replace '$BXSHARE/' with the correct path.

No luck. without any additional paths, it should be in the same dir the .gpe scripts is ran to launch BOCHS. But I tried adding absolute paths by your suggestion anyways and even moved the bios, vga, and free dos images to the root of the SD card as:

/mnt/sd/BIOS-bochs-latest
/mnt/sd/VGABIOS-lgpl-latest
/mnt/sd/fdosmini.img

It doesn't even get far enough to the disk image since without the disk image, BOCHS should complain / prompt you for one. but it just blanks out and kicks back to the gp2x menu.

Blah, have you gotten this to work? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have a GP2X, but when I get mine (sometime this coming week, hopefully), I will try to get Bochs running.

Back