Book About C Programming

Digitalrat

I once learned C but after using it some months I forgot about it completly because I was busy with other thinks. Because I want to begin programming again I would like to refresh my knowledge reading a nice book about C programming. So could anyone suggest me a nice book which describes the C basics concisely and clearly?

Thanks, I'll take a look at this. I normally don't like wikibooks, though, as most of them are either uncomplete or bloated somehow. (or a mix of these two :unsure:)

For me C All-in-one Desk Reference for Dummies is a really good book. It is really well written and has most of the info needed to learn C from no programming experience or even as a reference book.

Digitalrat posted on Mar 8 2007 at 08:44 PM said:
So could anyone suggest me a nice book which describes the C basics concisely and clearly?

K&R all the way !

If you need more precise informations, get the Harbison & Steele.

It you need more precise informations, get the normative reference.

You won't need anything else than those three.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all of your replys. I'll take a look at the suggested books. :)

K & R is mandatory but a couple newer reads I really liked were from the Que published By Example series, "Linux Programming", and "Linux Socket Programming", make a nice complete reference set. I found them in the half price bin a Fry's, unbelievable bargain, went back and bought my nephews a copy each too.

Back