Boot from SD card doesn't work

Just recently bought a brand new 1Ghz pandora btw. And I've been trying this out as well. I can get the new pandora to boot off the SD card without any problems but for some reason it seemes to get the CPU speed wrong. If I run from NAND the CPU's set to 1100Mhz; if I use pnd_install and run off SD card, it drops down to 600Mhz.

ljones

Doesn't each installation have its own CPU-speed settings?

Have you set the SD card installation to use 1.1GHz?

I would do but the only speeds on offer are 600,650,700,750 and 800Mhz. Almost as if the pandora's thinking it is an older < 1Ghz pandora! Not sure maybe I am missing some sort of config file or boot option someplace?

BTW *thinks I did go through all the menus at the start running off the SD card and chose 1.1Ghz. Also the internal nand runs at that too so I'm guessing here maybe I'm missing some sort of config file?

edit:

Might possibly be onto something. I eventually(!) found some config files in /etc/pandora/conf. The one off the nand (/etc/pandora/conf/cpu.conf) reads:

max:1200

min:125

safe:1100

warn:no

default:1100

maxopp:5

but from the SD card (and I did set the cpu speed to 1100Mhz on the sd card, the software ran through its gui setup program);

max:800

min:125

safe:600

warn:no

default:600

maxopp:5

Going to try to copy it over and see what happens.

edit:

:) Looks like that's fixed it. Not sure why the wrong values were in there! The speeds on offer are now 600,725,850,975 and 1100 (which it is set to).

But how did I find it? Well I had no idea as to what the pandora's config(button) files were called, in the end I found out about "configbutton" but I couldn't find what its config files (if any) were called. Eventually I came across the source to the cpu speed settings of configbutton, and from there found a line which stated;

if ((fp = fopen("/etc/pandora/conf/cpu.conf", "r")) == NULL) {

which had the name of the config file there, /etc/pandora/conf/cpu.conf !

ljones

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone used the Pandora SD installer recently? I have downloaded the firmware http://openpandora.org/firmware/fullflash/SuperZaxxon171.zip

Saved as tar.gz and also tried tar.bz2 - placed the file on an SD card in the right slot.

Followed the instructions from the installer - tried 6000 MB - 500 MB Swap and default 4 MB - 0 Swap

In the beginning it seems to extract/install and be working fine, but after a while an error screen appears "Error: Could not extract files from archive"

Anyone used the Pandora SD installer recently? I have downloaded the firmware http://openpandora.org/firmware/fullflash/SuperZaxxon171.zip

Saved as tar.gz and also tried tar.bz2 - placed the file on an SD card in the right slot.

Followed the instructions from the installer - tried 6000 MB - 500 MB Swap and default 4 MB - 0 Swap

In the beginning it seems to extract/install and be working fine, but after a while an error screen appears "Error: Could not extract files from archive"
In that Zip File are the wrong Files,please use this one from here:

http://www.openpandora.org/firmware/pandora-rootfs.tar.bz2

;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Ingo! that did the trick :) I also noticed comradekingu added a comment in the repo suggesting to add the URL in the installer.

Seems like a good idea.

Back