Bricked F200 List

SamB59

Still Fresh
Reading the forum to find out a solution to unbrick my f200, i readed lot of threads finishing without a solution.
So I'm asking myself how many users are in my case.

I think we really need to group all the informations possible to find the right way to solve our problems.

So, If you have a bricked f200, just put your name on the list

1 / me :(

SamB said:
I'm the only one ?
Give people more time before a comment like this, 24 hours minimum.

(I do not own a 2X)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it would be helpful also to indicate which F-200 you have... the "old" one with FW 4.0.0 or the "new" one with FW 4.0.2.

It would also be good to indicate how it got bricked and its current condition, as I think there are different levels and ways of unbricking a GP2X depending on those information.

As for me, my F-200 is still good. I hope I don't brick it when I do finally decide to go back to the original firmware.

More informations :

After playing one hour with orbital sniper and space varments, I tried to start sleuth slots from Ruckage. My F200 freezed and restarting it I didn't manage to get my sdcard readed.
I tried with another one but same result. Reading the forum, I found that few persons solved this kind of problem by updating the firmware.

I just downloaded the firmware released on 5-22-08 (the bad one gph discontinue the same day ) and got my F200 bricked
The update takes hours. And after 4 hours looking the chip logo on the screen I stop it.
Now, the only thing working is the blue led. The screen is black

I bought last week a cradle from gp2xshop and got it one friday. I tried the method on the wiki with no success. gp2xrecovery output was the same than others here.
I managed to resolved the giveio error by installing it manually but nothing more.
EV sent me a link with an improve version of Gp2xrecovery but it don"t work.

I'm looking after a how to with ocd on windows but it's hard to find.

About my f200 version, it's not clear for me. It says f200(B ) but I'm sure the original firmware was 4.0.0. I presold it as soon as it was possible and received one from the first batch in september.

So for the moment, I really don't know what can I do.
It seems there's no solution yet.
The first solution is to wait after it, hoping one day someone will find how to unbrick it.
The second is buy a new f200 ( Now I've the cradle, i don't want it to serve as a second paper press ). When the d-day will arrive I will have 2 f200 :). But buy a new one eats my save money for the pandora.
The third is wait for the pandora and play tetris on my cellphone but it's not really fun.

That sounds like an F200 from the first batch (October last year), where a lot had broken SD Slots which stopped working after a while.
That's also the reason why the firmware flash failed: It couldn't read properly from the card.

The only solution known is to return the unit.

It's too bad, I've no chance. I'm out the play-asia warranty and if i can return it to gph, the shipping cost from france is around 60€ with assurance. but knowing now gph, it's going to take ages....
Someone here said me he had his f200 fixed by a reseller, changing the sd socket for around 60 euros with the shipping. who can do that?

Ask EvilDragon. He's the german reseller.

Regards,
Stephan

EvilDragon said:
That sounds like an F200 from the first batch (October last year), where a lot had broken SD Slots which stopped working after a while.
That's also the reason why the firmware flash failed: It couldn't read properly from the card.

The only solution known is to return the unit.

If you can help me fixing it, please PM me
THanks

By the way, i'm asking myself, if it's just the sd card socket, how hard it could be to replace it myself. I haven't opened up my f200 for the moment..

EDIT // I found a video on youtube that shows the f200's motherboard. Can't be done simply.

DJWillis said:
Any chance you could post up the output from GP2Recovery.

EDIT: Had I noticed the thread was almost a month old I may have not bumped it ;).
That's why people going on about necro posting or whatever should be shot with sh*te :D

Your trying to help the dude so why should it matter if the topics over 25 seconds old ;)

Back