Brief Answers to the Big (Pyra) Questions

I meant whit the HDMI, at start, not at start of the OS, but of the time the delivery the first mass production units

Bit thanks for the Answer

Another Question:
Does the German Brief Answers Thread make and Sense After Booth boards are now one??
It’s good if you don’t speak English, but the chance to get the Answer should be much higher if you can reach more Peaple....
Also I would suppose the Members whit the needed knowledge are English Speaking, like ATC, Toastbucked, Ptitseb (ok he is French) ,
As well as the Prototype Guys..

Well, to be fair if I'd seen your questions in the German thread first, I'd probably have replied there. It's just because I came across your reposting here first that I replied here, and I'm not even a native German speaker.

I'd hope once ED becomes less busy he'll have time to contribute in the German threads like he used to on the old site.

Reactions: rSl
@matzesu : for now, HDMI is "kinda" working... I quickly tried on my prototype: I still using an OS version from this summer, I haven't updated yet to Buster.
Booting with screen connected didn't work: the booting got quickly stuck in an endless boot, only show stuff on the pyra-screen, and briefly trying to show stuff on the conencted screen before disconnecting and looping (with cycle of 1 or 2sec max).

Once booted, connecting a screen works, but you get a rotated copy of the Pyra screen, so not super usefull for now, but "working".

Can that be solved with xrandr or there is some other issue ?
The rotation is the TILER beeing active even on HDMI out (it should not). The mirror is some default configuration, that should be adjusted (you want extend and not mirror by default, probably), but I haven't tried much to better configure, that was just a quick try.

Ok, thangs for the Answer, so i only need to make a TXT Dokument whit the Script, so i can Copy and Paste everytime i need the Pyra as Desctop PC.. at least until this is fixed..

And i remember from the Pandora, i can also make Terminal Scripts as Taskbar Buttons, ..
But this have to wait until i have my Pyra Unit at my Place..

You can have your scripts in your path, or as function defined in your .bashrc so that you can use them by typing it's name as command in your terminal or running it from menu.

The rotation is the TILER beeing active even on HDMI out (it should not). The mirror is some default configuration, that should be adjusted (you want extend and not mirror by default, probably), but I haven't tried much to better configure, that was just a quick try.
I meant something like
Code:
 xrandr --output <hdmi> --rotation left

although correcting the TILER code so that i doesn't affect HDMI out is the best option, but while that happens, xrandr may be a workaround.

I also think that this may not be TILER problem as when we clone the display using xrandr, it clones it ( without changing the rotation) ? In that case we may have to simply rotate the display using xrandr ( for display cloning ) or extend the display.

Because my Pandora got a bit damaged today, so as far I have my Pyra, I think it’s get put on Shelf as a cool collectors Item, I would like to use my Pandora Battery maybe as an Backup for the Pyra,
I know that it’s a bit too short to fit correctly, but nothing a bit foam can’t fix ^^
But how big are the Electronically Difference?? I know it’s a bit less mah, but is it still the same Volts?? And would the Pyra Powerchip work also whit this Battery??
Then I could take this Battery whit me in the „Advanced PC Mode Pack“ where also a Folding Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse are..
Usually I will just carry the Pyra, whit it’s original Battery, but it would be cool to have a 4000 mah spare...

Whit best regards, Matthias

From stuff ED said early in the project plus the pitch of the battery connector visible on my prototype PCB, I'm pretty sure it's electrically compatible, just needs a little packing out to make contact.

Well, the Other Question is: do I need the Extra Joice??
I know that the Pandora is quite long running when I only use it’s Exel and Word Features,
Like I said, usually I will only carry the Pyra and no second Battery, but if I go to a multiple Day Trip and want to watch some Netflix par exemple, far away from a Wallplug..

Or will my 26000 mah Anker Powerbank be the better solution?? Also because this Powerbank got a Plastic Case so it’s easyer to carry.

The benefit of a powerbank is that you can plug it in when the power starts to get critical and the unit won't have to power down at any point. The benefit of a second battery is that you can get back to 100% in the time it takes to shut down, remove the used battery and insert the fresh one, then boot up again, but I think the total runtime will be less, assuming the 26000mAh of your powerbank actually gets the Pyra battery back to 100% before it itself runs out of juice. And of course, presumably a pandora battery is significantly lighter than your powerbank.

As the Pyra is a part of my every day carry weight (65 kg whit everything), I think it’s doesn’t matter much how many weight I carry more, also when I need more Joice, I also need some extra Equipment, like Keyboard, Mouse, so a Powerbank wouldn’t matter much...

But it’s also good to load up my other stuff..

I think I will use the Bank, also I don’t need the Extra Batterie that often, maybe on a Booth where I use the Pyra as my main Work PC,

This ditnt work whit the Pandora because my lack of a PSP USB Charging Cable

But Pyra is Micro USB

As there is now a rumor that the new Apple Notebooks gets ARM, is there a way to use Apple Musik on the Pyra??

Or do whe allready have an Opensource Alternative for Garrageband, so i could just plug in my Guitar Cable Adapter to the Pyra?

I'm pretty sure all the new Apple stuff will all be ARM64, so even with a hypothetical ARM Wine-for-Mac or ARM Hackintosh - neither of which exist - it wouldn't work on a Pyra.

At least it was worth a try, thanks for the Answer ^^,
I doubt that Garageband or Apple Musik are Opensource..

At least whe can now tell that our Computer got the Same CPU Architecture as a Macbook, + whe have a Iluminatet Logo and Keyboard Backlight that an Macbook ditnt have..

Back