GP2X Brillaint Set Of Sdl Tutorials

Sofox

Still Fresh
Hey guys,
I found this great set of SDL tutorials at http://lazyfooproductions.com/SDL_tutorials .
They cover pretty much everything from installation (multiple platforms and compilers), to many advanced, useful and interesting techniques, covering all the basics in between.
Best thing is, not only are they comprehensive, but they are also described so simply and cleanly making them easy to follow while also giving you full understanding as to what you are doing.

As someone who's been struggling with learning SDL for a while, I'm finding these tutorials great for gently but firmly allowing me to learn more and more about SDL while feeling a great sense of achievement and making real progress. Essentially, its just great at simply teaching me SDL.

Oh, I am currently going through these, and I have to say, they are great!

But they just tell HOW to to something, not WHY is it done this way, or what exactly you do.

A few words of explanation would have been better, like what exactly a rect is, what a class is, etc. (Had to find it out by myself, and I am a lazy person).

I learned the basics of SDL through the very same tutorials (I think they're linked in the wiki), very good stuff. Also give the DocWiki on libsdl.org a go, you can find lots of function-specific examples there :)

- Alex

Back