Broke My Joystick :(

jonjandran

Well I was trying to put on a new joystick because my kids lost my old one, and I pushed to hard and broke the joystick.

I'm talking about the internal parts to the joystick. The part on the motherboard. Is there any way to buy parts or am I screwed ?

Here's a pic :

joystick.jpg

I'm not sure, but I'm sure that something like this should never have happened in the first place. I can push the joystick down hard on the GP32. I wonder why you can't on the GP2X...

Well I've put on several joysticks and never had a problem. But it looks as if the plastic piece on the metal part of the joystick broke and then the plastic surrounding the spring broke.

Vimacs posted on Jul 4 2006 at 12:22 PM said:
what exactly is defective?

Well now it's the entire joystick. I'm going to have to unsolder the entire bottom part and replace the entire thing because the part that is soldered to the motherboard is broke also. Does anyone sell the entire joystick ?

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe get a broken unit on ebay or something... or you can ask Craigix.

Vimacs posted on Jul 4 2006 at 01:21 PM said:
evildragon should have replacement parts, pm/mail him.
Thanks I PM'd him and he's going to get me a joystick. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Jonjandran, glad to hear you're getting your 2X back into shape.

JaqAss, what POSSIBLE purpose did your sarcastic post serve aside from being a wise ass? This person needed real help, and all you did was act like a jerk. If anyone is drowning and you're in the boat, guess you'll toss them an anchor. Just be quiet and wait forever for your XGP Kids, which is probably never going to be released.

Back