Broken Alsa Audio

Ziz

Advanced Member
Somehow I managed to break my alsa audio. No alsa program is able to play sound. Alsamixer does not show any "Playback" regulator (but Capture...). However OSS3 is working.

I played a year ago with audio over bluetooth and maybe broke something. Unfortunately I forgot, what I changed. -_-
I moved my /etc/asound.conf and /etc/asound.state to /etc/asound.conf.backup and /etc/asound.state.backup and hoped my setting are reseted this way. I don't have a ~/.asoundrc (anymore). Do you have any idea, what I am missing or where else I could have fucked up things? Would the default setting help? In that case: Could someone give me these? I would like to avoid to factor reset my pandora, I am very glad with my settings...

Interesting is, that the kernel module em28xx-alsa is not loaded at default. Is is not needed?

Thanks for your help!

Regards Ziz

No this module is not needed.
Maybe grab a SD rootfs and check what's different.
Also, you can type "history" in the shell to see which commands you typed.

hmmm wtf.. empty? My bad :( Here again.. this time it should work...

Attachments

• Asound.tar
    20 KB · Views: 230
Thanks, this time the files were not empty. Unfortunately it didn't work. :\ Can you maybe give me an output of lsmod? Maybe some other kernel module is missing...
[doublepost=1485272088,1485270374][/doublepost]Okay, something made it work again. Tbh I am not sure, why it works now. I started some other test application than audacious. They had sound although I thought they also use alsa, which confused me. So I rechecked in alsamixer and tada! Master channel. No idea why. :D But it works! Maybe I did something before starting the other applications, but have no idea what. XD Thanks for you help anyway. :)

Module Size Used by
g_cdc 30359 0
aufs 155783 0
isofs 30778 0
bluetooth 131410 0
bufferclass_ti 4654 0
omaplfb 6872 0
pvrsrvkm 144571 2 bufferclass_ti,omaplfb
snd_seq 41483 0
snd_seq_device 4435 1 snd_seq
snd_pcm_oss 33554 0
snd_mixer_oss 13345 1 snd_pcm_oss
ipv6 227126 10
fuse 56654 2
ads7846 8678 0

Thanks, this is, what I have, too. I hoped something to find something like snd_magic_alsa_module_you_dont_have_lol. Well, as it works now for some unknown black magic, I am happy :)

Meanwhile on one of my desktops with X86 Debian, it mutes the mono channel on every bootup.
Best way to fix it is to use alsactl restore/store.
Bloody annoying.

You could let a script call alsactl automaticly at login. :)
Yeah might do that actually when I finish work, do you know the path of the script file that gets run at login? (Sorry I'm a bit new to Debian)
EDIT: Didn't work but it turned out to be PulseAudio, so just removed that and I'm all good now.

Last edited:
The debian docs suggest that if you're using gnome, it's under menu->preferences->session, and it's a gui tool rather than a shell script.
Yeah, but if you want to run two commands at a time, a shell script may be handy. ;)

Nope, iI had no alsa hannel defined. It throw an error, it did not just not work. ;)
Anyway, working now. When I am in a rent car the next time I will play with bluetooth audio again. :p

Reactions: rSl
Nice project, will have a look for it the next time I need bluetooth audio! :)

Back