Broken Sd Card?

Alex.

Retired
I have this PQI 512MB card. It worked alright so far, except that it got corrupted two or so weeks ago. I formatted it (with some rigurous tool from Panasonic, in addition to Windows' formatter) and it worked fine again. Today it once again got corrupted, and I noticed that Windows saw its filesystem as RAW rather than FAT/32. I formatted it, and it worked for half an hour.

Then the GP2X froze each time I plugged it in, and the SD reader didn't see it either. It saw it as filesystem RAW, 0 bytes total memory. My digital camera can't format it either, so is it same to assume it's as good as dead?

You could try this, Click.

And

If it`s possible, Try and do a error check on the card.

In windows:

Open "My Computer", Locate the SD card icon (Via the card reader) and right click it, Select properties from the menu. Click "Tools" tab in the window that appears, Then click the "Check Now" button in the "Error Checking" section of that window. Put a tick in each of the boxes of the next window that appears, Then click the "Start" button.

If that fails, Your card is probably ready for SD heaven.

Trooper

Thanks Trooper. I tried doing this, and the repair window exits the moment I press Start (after ticking the two options). And there I thought PQI was an excellent manufacturer.

Edit: oh, and the HP app sees it as a 0MB card, and asks me to insert a memory into the reader. :(

Back