Broken Usb Port

A_SN

Hi,

I broke my MKII's built-in USB port. Now the thing is travelling around the insides of my GP2X. How am I supposed to make it fixed? Can I send it back to GPH or something?

A_SN posted on Mar 20 2007 at 03:48 PM said:
Hi,

I broke my MKII's built-in USB port. Now the thing is travelling around the insides of my GP2X. How am I supposed to make it fixed? Can I send it back to GPH or something?

Well, you could just get an SD card reader if you want. I don't use USB at all for my GP2X (and it sounds like most people don't too).

The USB transfer support isn't too amazing anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
BCable posted on Mar 20 2007 at 05:00 PM said:
A_SN posted on Mar 20 2007 at 03:48 PM said:
Hi,

Well, you could just get an SD card reader if you want. I don't use USB at all for my GP2X (and it sounds like most people don't too).

The USB transfer support isn't too amazing anyway.

Yeah but for some reason I assumed that I'd get replies from people who know me. So as you do not know, I'm a dev, and the USB port is essential to me since well not only I do not have a card reader but it's essential for me to quickly transfer my builds through samba and test and debug through telnet.

So yeah, I really need that USB port. No USB port no more GP2X deving.

[/quote]

Yeah but for some reason I assumed that I'd get replies from people who know me. So as you do not know, I'm a dev, and the USB port is essential to me since well not only I do not have a card reader but it's essential for me to quickly transfer my builds through samba and test and debug through telnet.

[/quote]

Did you open up the unit and get the usb connector out? It is going to be a few pins of soldering but that would be the only way... Either that, or Grab a breakout board.. assuming you can get it to work.

[/quote]

Did you open up the unit and get the usb connector out? It is going to be a few pins of soldering but that would be the only way... Either that, or Grab a breakout board.. assuming you can get it to work.
[/quote]

I have nothing to open it with nor to solder it with. But I'll just send it to ED

Back