Bruce Lee

Baggers

Still Fresh
Hi All,
Just to let you know I've got my version of Bruce Lee running on GP2X now :)

brucelee.jpg

BruceLee Zip image

BruceLee Rar image

Enjoy and let me know what you think.

PS, before you mention music and sound fx, as with Lotty's Lines, I've not got music and sound working yet, I'm not using SDL, and I only got my GP2X at Xmas, and not had much spare time to fully play yet!

I'll be adding sound and music to both soon.

PS, joypad for directional movement, and A,B,X or Y to punch. (or jumping kick if pressing left or right also)
Start = Pause.
Vol-Dn + Start = EXIT APP.

Nice one Baggers I'll give this a test A.S.A.P thanks :D

EDIT: Runs very nice, but it's a lot faster than the C64 version. Is this the speed that it runs at on the Spectrum? :eek:

EDIT2: Underclocks nicely though & much more playable at 150 :D

Nice one Baggers I'll give this a test A.S.A.P thanks :D

EDIT: Runs very nice, but it's a lot faster than the C64 version. Is this the speed that it runs at on the Spectrum? :eek:

Thanks,
Yeah, if I recall it's the speed it ran on the spectrum :) or there about. correct me if i'm wrong anyone :) wouldn't wanna get flamed lol...

EDIT: must try it at 150 :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks nice and retro, i'll give it a try later on :)

LOL

looks sweet :) i loved it on my C=64.
unfortunately i have no SD reader at the office. will give it a try later today.

amazing how productive you are. i have my gp2x for almost a year now and haven't written a single line for it yet :huh:

LOL

looks sweet :) i loved it on my C=64.
unfortunately i have no SD reader at the office. will give it a try later today.

amazing how productive you are. i have my gp2x for almost a year now and haven't written a single line for it yet :huh:

hope you enjoy it after your wait while at work lol

Thanks for compliment, but most of the code I wrote years ago, for GBA and again later for PSP, so it's not that much of productivity, as I'd like to dig deeper into the hardware see what it can do :)

Baggers.

i dont use gp2xmenu so icant underclock this, so could you have it running nearly half the speed as it to fast ,the spectrum ran about half the speed ,i uploaded the spectrum version and some other games( fruit machine etc. for the spectrum, all or ready on the spectrum emulator ready to play, just unzip file on your sd card and play, it will let you see the speed of the spectrum,
http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=...__bruce_lee.zip

a bit of japanse music would be nice as game music would add a nice mood to the game, nice work so far,other games in the zip file or a hint to future work lol

i dont use gp2xmenu so icant underclock this, so could you have it running nearly half the speed as it to fast ,the spectrum ran about half the speed ,i uploaded the spectrum version and some other games( fruit machine etc. for the spectrum, all or ready on the spectrum emulator ready to play, just unzip file on your sd card and play, it will let you see the speed of the spectrum,

a bit of japanse music would be nice as game music would add a nice mood to the game, nice work so far,other games in the zip file or a hint to future work lol
Is it legal to distribute these games? you don't want to get banned from one of the mods over this...

whoa...you can clock the gp2x without gmenu2x. just get the cpu/lcd tweaker. you need to launch it in a script (get a text editor that supports unix-style line breaks and make a gpe file) because the stock menu sets the speed when it runs.

Now I've never played the spectrum version but this seems to be pretty good. I did notice a few things however. First of all, can you make it fullscreen or add a skin or something? I can't stand that black border. The only in-game thing i noticed was that when I'm falling, I can punch kick, but the computer can. I don't know if this is supposed to happen or not, but it seemed a little strange. Other than that it was great! Looking forward to the next version!

Is it legal to distribute these games? you don't want to get banned from one of the mods over this...

i would think that anyone downloading this would already own the orginal ,because theres nobody on these forums who would play an emulated game and not own the original :blink: but of course your write i never thought, i shall remember this in the future, i wouldn,t want to be banned for linking to a 22 yr old game...

I would never even think of downloading a game that I didn't legally own! ;) That would just be wrong!
Wow, you own 10,000+ games :p

on topic:
Thanks for porting this to GP2X Baggers, a real retro :)

there is only 4 on the zip, all of which i do actualy own, i would post the pics but i dont no how to post pics on here, i do collect all old console \ handheld systems and old computers and there games and accssories...have spectrum mags going back to 1981...

I would never even think of downloading a game that I didn't legally own! ;) That would just be wrong!
Wow, you own 10,000+ games :p

on topic:
Thanks for porting this to GP2X Baggers, a real retro :)

I've not scaled it, yet, but I can scale it to full screen, if you so wish? but some people like to play to the correct pixel ratio :) I suppose it could be a switch.

I like the idea of making scaling an option. Also, a border or something would be nice. It's not that I want full screen, it's just that I don't like a blank border. I don't know, it just looks weird.

I like the idea of making scaling an option. Also, a border or something would be nice. It's not that I want full screen, it's just that I don't like a blank border. I don't know, it just looks weird.

well, my plan is to have japanese jpg's in the background :D from the net, so hopefully any pics used will be free to use, if not, all they have to do is let me know and I'll change it :)

Almost all old speccy games can be downloaded from World Of Spectrum (Google, y'all!), who has apparently gone to rather great lenghts to ensure that whoever owns the old rights to the games don't get offended. So, if you can download it from there, it is quite likely that it has already been OKed by whoever has anything to say about it.

Then again, if someone is feeling a bit fidgety, you might just say "go check out the original speccy game on WoS" and save yourself the trouble of putting the (potentially illegal) files on your own server :D

Back