GP32 BSOD

rcx21000

Website
Visit site
It is evil!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: I am trying to compile a game with a 5mb bmp file and I get a "not enough VM" message, so I go and increase the VM, I select user managed size, enter 700MB and click set, all ok. Then I click OK and I get a BSOD stop 0x00000024 in classpnp.sys. So I look on google for stop 0x00000024 and it returns that 0x00000024 is a stop error with NTFS.sys, not classpnp.sys :blink: so I search stop 0x00000024 classpnp and there are no results :angry: I checked disk like the BSOD reccomended and no problems. The only change I have recently made to my computer is installed linux (mutiboot, no BSODs in linux ;)), but to do that I had moved my VM around so I could do some disk backup stuff, and when I re-put the VM it all worked fine. WHAT IS THE PROBLEM, I'M MAD AT WINDOZER EXTRA SLEEPY!!!!!!!!!

This topic needs a bump, I haven't gotten it working, and I have posted in 1000s of fourms, and no response :angry: I am making the best GP32 game in the world (mabye the 1000th best :p ) and I BADLY need help.

It isn't, and don't get excited about it either becaues of this EVIL BSOD and every day that I don't code I am forgetting some GP32 stuff and soon it's all going to be forgoten, someone HELP!!!

can you give more details?

are you including the 5mb bitmap in your code?
most compilers will make a fuss or go horribly wrong when you include a lot of global data (especially in header files), so it would be better if you write the raw image data to a file then load it in at runtime.

i have written a bitmap loader, but if i was to load a 5mb bitmap in it would need 10mb! :blink: (more than the gamepark's memory)

so you should probably use the raw file method, but you maybe need to write a pc utility to do this...

Back