Wtf!?

aapje89

Still here...
Website
Visit site
Lets start with this: AAAARGH!

I started my pc and I got a BSoD I restarted, after a few mins I got another bsod. I restarted again and got another one at the end I had six bsods!
But when I tried to restart for the seventh time my screen stayed black :angry:.
I tried pulling the grafics card out, running without ram, resetting the bios, but still my screen stays black :( .

What could cause this and what can I do about it?

btw. I have a msi k8n neo-3 motherboard for amd64

aapje89 posted on Jul 9 2005 at 09:42 AM said:
Lets start with this: AAAARGH!

I started my pc and I got a BSoD I restarted, after a few mins I got another bsod. I restarted again and got another one at the end I had six bsods!
But when I tried to restart for the seventh time my screen stayed black :angry:.
I tried pulling the grafics card out, running without ram, resetting the bios, but still my screen stays black :( .

What could cause this and what can I do about it?

btw. I have a msi k8n neo-3 motherboard for amd64

Do you have a usb flash drive plugged in?

if so take it out and restart

Last edited by a moderator:
hhmmm well the monitor is connected to the graphics card so if the screen stays black it seems the card isnt sending a signal out to the monito SO first I would try a different Graphics card or if your board has it, try the onboard graphics.

Maybe your Graphics Card is Dead :(

Steve-O posted on Jul 9 2005 at 11:46 AM said:
hhmmm well the monitor is connected to the graphics card so if the screen stays black it seems the card isnt sending a signal out to the monito SO first I would try a different Graphics card or if your board has it, try the onboard graphics.

Maybe your Graphics Card is Dead :(
yes I know, but WTF i just had this pc for 2 weeks, until today I did not notice anything strange :huh:

meandu229 posted on Jul 9 2005 at 11:51 AM said:
try starting in safe mode or with last known good config, do this by holding down f8 as soon as bios is gone

only problem is, from the description he said I dont think he his getting any screen activity at all...

hhmmm have you had any small maybe 1 - 2 second power cuts at all or any Thunder and Lightening???

How dusty is it inside as dust can sometimes damage circuits, sound strange but its possible... I had a charger for my RC car and it stopped working, I opened it up and got all the dust out, put it together again and it worked perfectly.

Ah, bluescreens of death! I NEVER has any since I`m using WinXP... (and I don`t miss em :D)

The reason behind that is that windows XP is set to not show you them by default, and restarts instead.

Do you get any warning beeps from the BIOS when it's booting? (Check the web for what they mean)

Can you boot off CD (or floppy?)

Is there any life on the motherboard? ie. LED's on the motherboard and on drives, hard drive or fans spinning up, etc

Check all the cables are still secure and seated properly!

You've only had it 2 weeks? Was it new (or shop second)? .. take it back and get them to sort it out!
If you bought it in a private sale you still have some rights depending on how it was described to you when sold, but it means going to the small claims court.
The threat of action might be enough to get something ;)

I just remembered, if it keeps beeping like BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP etc, The Memory is not in Correctly or the memory is dead... I had a PC I fixed a few weeks ago do that (Not showing any disply etc and just Beeping) and the memory had came loose :) Try that :D

Also, I run WinXP and Still get Blue Screen Error Messages sometimes....

Steve-O posted on Jul 10 2005 at 11:58 AM said:
I just remembered, if it keeps beeping like BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP etc, The Memory is not in Correctly or the memory is dead...
not necessarily. consult the manual of your motherboard to check which sequence of beeps correspond to which problems.

Quiest posted on Jul 9 2005 at 03:38 PM said:
Ah, bluescreens of death! I NEVER has any since I`m using WinXP... (and I don`t miss em :D)

OMG You're the one user in every poll I've ever read about windows crashes that never has a problem. I'm not worthy to be in your virtual presence. ;)

jegHegy posted on Jul 10 2005 at 10:29 AM said:
Steve-O posted on Jul 10 2005 at 11:58 AM said:
I just remembered, if it keeps beeping like BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP etc, The Memory is not in Correctly or the memory is dead...
not necessarily. consult the manual of your motherboard to check which sequence of beeps correspond to which problems.

I think the Beeps are the same for each motherboard arent they?? I have a Very Old Pentium 100mhz or some crap like that sitting here and I just took the memory out and it did the same, It was the same on my ESC K7S5A board, then on this DELL computer and on this other one that was dropped that I fixed.

It does depend on the motherboard, Or more so the bios, which can vary from board to board. There are three major x86 bios developers (American megatrends, Award And Phoenix which all have their own set of error codes and beeps. So it depends on what bios the machine has to what the error codes and beeps mean, They should have them either in the manual or on their website.

Failing that, You could unplug everything except the graphics card, Cpu, mouse, Keyboard and hard drive, Maybe even remove all but one of the sticks of memory (If you have more that one) and see how you go from there.

If all is well, Gradually add one component at a time and restart the machine.

Trooper

im pretty sure that it just boots normally, because I can acces the shared docements from my other pc. So I think my vidcard is fooked :(
btw. it was a new pc, I just had it for 2 weeks :(.
But this is not the first time, I bought a pc from them, but that 1 had a faulty motherboard so I send it back. But now I have to send it back again aargh! (their just a bunch of morons, not testing there machines)

Swiss_Cheeseman posted on Jul 11 2005 at 10:22 AM said:
Check the power supply. Usually the main source of problems if its a cheap one.
what should i "check" then?
btw. its a 400w ps

Back