Bt Audio Working...

levi1123

So i got bluetooth working for my pandora as stereo sound out in my car. I have to say its very clear sounding compared to my ipod touch 2g with bt.
Now we need some button action!

When pressing Forward Back Play Pause etc on my stereo or other headset device, how can i get exaile to respond to those presses?

Any Ideas all?

~Levi~ said:
So i got bluetooth working for my pandora as stereo sound out in my car. I have to say its very clear sounding compared to my ipod touch 2g with bt.

When pressing Forward Back Play Pause etc on my stereo or other headset device, how can i get exaile to respond to those presses?

Any Ideas all?

Until someone who has real knowledge (read: a pandora) comes in, you can go teh "normal" way by trying to figure out which events those button send to your P. Start "xev" in a x-terminal and have a look.

Last edited by a moderator:
Creature XL said:
~Levi~ said:

Any Ideas all?

Until someone who has real knowledge (read: a pandora) comes in, you can go teh "normal" way by trying to figure out which events those button send to your P. Start "xev" in a x-terminal and have a look.

xev doesnt seem to do anything in terminal.. is that something i need to install

There's a few things going on here:
  • It's something the media player itself needs to support. For example, banshee has handled every single media key I've thrown at it, MacBook and Bluetooth, but Totem could care less.
  • The headset needs to support using those buttons in media mode (most likely does)
  • Check the headset manual to see if there's a way to toggle what those buttons do. (The one I have toggles.)
  • Make sure the Pandora is using the headset as a stereo headset, rather than telephony headset.

javaJake said:
There's a few things going on here:
  • It's something the media player itself needs to support. For example, banshee has handled every single media key I've thrown at it, MacBook and Bluetooth, but Totem could care less.
  • The headset needs to support using those buttons in media mode (most likely does)
  • Check the headset manual to see if there's a way to toggle what those buttons do. (The one I have toggles.)
  • Make sure the Pandora is using the headset as a stereo headset, rather than telephony headset.

everything of what you mentioned is kosher there minus the player.. is banshee available on the pandora?

EDIT: My Headset is the Altec Lansing Backbeat903. Is recognized by the panda as a stereo headset by default =)

Back