GP32 Building A Serial Cable...

I presume you mean the 3.3v?

If you look at the schematic, its the 3.3v OUPUT of the GP32's EXT port that connects to the Vcc pin of the chip. i.e. The chip is being powered by the GP32.

So without fully connecting the circuit up to PC and GP32, the chip cannot work its voltage level manipulating magic.

benjaminblasius@web.de posted on Jul 18 2004 at 10:21 PM said:
and what can i do with a serial cable?
(as i said i only built it in the name of science)
I use it e.g. to dump debug information from GP32 to a console screen in my OSX box.. There's also a serial version of GDBstub etc. More to come in the near future <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't call whats basically a voltage converter different serial protocols (I'm assuming here the design is from Spiv and he's uses a MAX232 or a couple of transistors to switch between -/+10V and gnd/3v)

Squidge posted on Jul 19 2004 at 07:31 AM said:
I wouldn't call whats basically a voltage converter different serial protocols (I'm assuming here the design is from Spiv and he's uses a MAX232 or a couple of transistors to switch between -/+10V and gnd/3v)
MAX3222, but if he also has the handshaking signals, he might use a different chip. Though I doubt he has those...

Last edited by a moderator:
You can send me for review if you like, but I don't think I'll actually have any time to do anything with it. By all means feel free however.

Back