Bunny Traps V1.0

Guyfawkes

Certified Idiot :)
Website
www.emuholic.com
I have released a new game for the GP2X called Bunny Traps which ported from my GP32 version. Bunny Traps is a twist of the classic Pen & Paper game Hangman. In Bunny Traps you must save the Bunny from 10 different stages in which he faces life threatening dangers. Guess the correct word by entering letters and save him from the danger.

Features:
- 10 custom drawn dangers
- Original game music
- Over 140,000 word dictionary and custom dictionary support.
- Challenge and Arcade modes
- Highscores

You can download this release from GP2X Archive here. Full details on how to install the game can be found in the readme.txt and information on how to play the game can be found from the Main Menu of the game.

bunnytraps-gp2x.png

If you play Bunny Traps please let us know if you like the game or not. We spent alot of time working on this game so its not much to ask people to say they like the game or not. If you have any suggestions for improving the game or notice some bugs please let us know by replying here.

I really liked the gp32 version, a lot like playing wheel of fortune, only quicker.

Thanks for the port!

I never had the chance to play the GP32 version of this. I think that the idea is fantastic. I've messed with it about a dozen times or so.

I've noticed that in the second death picture changes from the bunny being boiled to hung if you lose the puzzle. And yes, I suck at the game and die 60% of the time on that stage. As far as I can tell this is the Beta release that was posted a few days ago?

I'm really looking forward to the sound effects. Very nice work thus far!

CoinOp

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated.

I never got any feedback on the beta release post (only one report on IRC) so I presumed everything was working fine. I have fixed the bug with the wrong graphic being displayed and I will add sound in the next release maybe tomorrow. Please keep posting any bug reports and I will fix them for the next release.

Very nice, Guyfawkes - thoroughly enjoying it, and a great game to have when mobile - Nice work :)

If you play Bunny Traps please let us know if you like the game or not. We spent alot of time working on this game so its not much to ask people to say they like the game or not.

Put me down under the 'Like it' category :)

This isn't a bug report, but it's something I think you should consider for the release after the one you're about to make.

Could you add two other modes like the challenge and arcade modes that give categories?

I prefer hangman when I'm not just groping at random letters and am thinking within a subject area, and to have both modes would allow people who like that way to play that way, while those who don't can play the other mode.

you can have a custom dictionary in the game, check out the readme.txt for more details. with the custom one you can have a themed dictionary but currently only one at a time, I could add support for multiple dictionaries if there are more requests.

I haven't tried the game yet, but I noticed that at the end of the readme it says, "Higher or Lower may be mirrored on the following websites only:".

I'm guessing that should say "Bunny may be mirrored on the following websites only". (Or, maybe you are just really worried about Higher or Lower.)

Back