Buying A Whole Game(source + Graphics)

Cyclops

There have been quite a few commercial games been made for the GP32 not a whole lot. I mainly got it for the emulators. I just wonder as I can´t belive the game companies will make all that much money from the games now.(The resolutions just wrong for other devices or has competeing 3d products.

I know we have a slew of hombrew stuff but a open souce engine would be really nice for the comunity to have. I like the pinball one myself :)

;) I think he means that he wants gamepark to release the source for their commercial games so that other people can make thhem better

:ph34r: maybe

I´m tired and so sorry. I saw a post that said what game could be done next. I also saw that gp32 is not making sales like it used to. So I thought how much would it be to buy a whole game. Essentially the whole company. Not gamepark but one of the smaller ones that produce the games. ie spend £10000, £5000 as there cannot be many games sales left. I would not buy them in there current state anyhow.

Sorry to confuse you

I´m tired and so sorry. I saw a post that said what game could be done next. I also saw that gp32 is not making sales like it used to. So I thought how much would it be to buy a whole game. Essentially the whole company. Not gamepark but one of the smaller ones that produce the games. ie spend £10000, £5000 as there cannot be many games sales left. I would not buy them in there current state anyhow.

Sorry to confuse you

Are you rich enough to buy them?
No, don`t tell me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it would be interesting to know what one would sell a game like those for the gp32 for. Because I for one would have no idea. But for a few quality games, that could be developed over time I would be prepared to spend more than a game Iĺl play put down and move on. I have seen the bor grow and thats mainly sprite rip stuff. I´d like some games with original content.

Ooops.. double post

I thought double post is impossible because of this flood control thingie... you can only make threads every 30 seconds or something like that... but well, this thread is confusing me enough already :blink:
Normally happens when you've gona back and had the post window running or you've doubled the window and you've gone to do something. then you think you haven't posted but you have, to your horror; A double post!

Sorry to confuse you

You mean like Byulbram Creature or any of the other small companies that made games for GP32? I don't understand what buying them would accomplish, really... They would still just be a tiny game company that has no ability to market their games and, in some cases, very little talent.

plus you'd only be buying already produced gameplay/graphics... you'd have to buy the company in order to achieve what you're thinking, I reckon.

if you're a recent lottery winner and you're looking for a gamepark hobby business, may I suggest you work out a deal with the guy who was doing the 3d racing engine... rope in antiriad and 3 others for graphics, igive me a trial at SFX/soundtracks, and also take on pirotic as a commercial concern... make guardian monsters a priority, but with gigas part of the contract too... hire artists (from the scene/thereabouts) for content, also sound artists for extra polish...
play your cards right with that, you might have 2 comercially releasable quality games, and a professional games editor... call it $30/40,000 ? 6 months work... 8-10 people on the payroll...

then there's distribution... now this is a lottery win concern... I.E. not life and death... how many GP32 owners are there that might buy from this site (not just... say 5000...a guess...... charge 10$ per game. on a 32MB SMC (hoping you can find a cheap (2$) lot of 32MB SMCs...

voila! business plan. and you didn't need to buy an existing game to do it.

what you reckon?

I understand what he means. He wants to buy the source code/sound/graphics etc. from a current games company so that homebrew devvers can improve on it. Not the entire company.

For instance buying the WHOLE of BloodCross and then releasing it to devvers to make new games using the BloodCross source code as a starting point.

Edit: The point being that you have a premade engine on which you can base a multitude of other games.

Back