Buying A Wiz In Uk Or Usa

FabienO

Still Fresh
Hi, I am going to buy a Wiz however I am not sure where to buy it from. I am currently travelling the world (right now I am in Hawaii) but I live in the UK.

I am in Hawaii for the next 3 weeks then Toronto for 2 weeks. I am unsure where to the Wiz from an American site or the UK one. Here's the reasons why I am unsure.

1) Voltage issues with powering the thing. I have no issues using USB to charge the power if I buy an American on.

2) UK sites aren't in stock and USA ones are. I am also currently in USA so would be cheaper to receive and buy and more likely to get it.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/electronics/retro-gaming/bfc7/ <American Retailer

Obviously I would buy the British one from this site if thaats the one I chose but it doesn't specify a shipping date and I have had no response from my email.

Please help guide me or give your advice.

regards, Fabien.

FabienO said:
Hi, I am going to buy a Wiz however I am not sure where to buy it from. I am currently travelling the world (right now I am in Hawaii) but I live in the UK.

I am in Hawaii for the next 3 weeks then Toronto for 2 weeks. I am unsure where to the Wiz from an American site or the UK one. Here's the reasons why I am unsure.

1) Voltage issues with powering the thing. I have no issues using USB to charge the power if I buy an American on.

2) UK sites aren't in stock and USA ones are. I am also currently in USA so would be cheaper to receive and buy and more likely to get it.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/electronics/retro-gaming/bfc7/ <American Retailer

Obviously I would buy the British one from this site if thaats the one I chose but it doesn't specify a shipping date and I have had no response from my email.

Please help guide me or give your advice.

regards, Fabien.

Hello,

I highly recommend ordering from thinkgeek, they ship within one business day on week days. I ordered a wiz last week with next day shipping (total came to about 190 dlls, though it may be more expensive since you are in hawaii), ordered on monday, came in on tuesday.

They are highly reliable so yeah. I would say order from them... they have several UPS shipping options.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered mine from playasia.com and got it after 2 months. I'm in the US, didn't really shop around. $210 for my wiz.

Took them just under two months for them to ship it. Then 4 days for it do get here.

But, they do ship all over the world. If you go to asia, order it from them. Otherwise, they suck.

Think I will have issues with the voltages though? Voltage in america is 110 and UK is like 240. Converters are ok to use I guess but annoying to buy.

FabienO said:
Think I will have issues with the voltages though? Voltage in america is 110 and UK is like 240. Converters are ok to use I guess but annoying to buy.

Seeing as the Wiz charges via USB only, you won't need to worry about voltages as they're the same wherever you go.

Livid Kringler said:
I ordered mine from playasia.com and got it after 2 months. I'm in the US, didn't really shop around. $210 for my wiz.

Took them just under two months for them to ship it. Then 4 days for it do get here.

But, they do ship all over the world. If you go to asia, order it from them. Otherwise, they suck.
how come takes so long to get to u? i ordered mine on fri and sat they shipped to me via fedex(btw im staying in singapore). i did not opt for any special delivery...

Livid Kringler said:

Naaaah... that's not fair. They were out of stock and there was nothing they could have done to speed it up.

Now they do have some in stock (just like ThinkGeek).

Back