Release C/C++ Development Tools

That's what I needed, thanks!

I still have to recompile the application since the path to the libary is hardcoded in the executable, right?

I think so, if they are actually hardcoded. But usually adding the lib/ dir in your PND to the beginning of LD_LIBRARY_PATH in your startup script should be enough.

Oh, caveat with the above script - cdevtools (and codeblocks) provide a couple of libraries that are already part of the system. It's worth looking for duplicates that already exist in /lib or /usr/lib and remove them from your lib dir, if they are the same version.

In general, I use the actual destination PND path when setting up sources (a la ./configure --prefix=/mnt/utmp/mypnd), create a directory on an SD card, and link it to /mnt/utmp/mypnd for the make install (if you don't do that, your files will be written to NAND). That way, at least any hardcoded paths to the applications' own libraries will already be correct.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what I needed, thanks!

I still have to recompile the application since the path to the libary is hardcoded in the executable, right?
I don't remember but I thing there is a "--rpath" in the specs file (look at cdevspecs file in the init/ folder to have detail). you can change rpath with rpath-link...

Now I feel stupid that I didn't think of simply adding it to the path :lol:

Thanks guys, I got it working!

I also added the hint about "--rpath" to my notes, someday it will save me hours of searching for a solution!

Hi,

Last time I coded for/on the pandora is about 2 or 3 years ago. By that time I didn't even had a Pandora, and did it via internet on the Pandi of McObit (he lives about 400km away from me :) ).

Today, I wanted to build a program to use this:
http://www.pcsensor.com/index.php?_a=product&product_id=41

all I need is the "libusb 1.0 ". Can someone tell me how to add it to this dev setup?

maybe just depacking this ikg?

http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/repo/?pkgname=libusb-1.0-dev

On my Pandora there is libusb (not dev) 1.0.4 installed. However, there is no matching (v7-)dev-package for that version :(

Desperatly I even used "opkg install libusb-dev"  - setting "dest" in opkg.conf to the cdev-environment. But all I got was:

opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package libusb-dev.

Any help appreciated.

if the "ipkg libusb-dev" fail, you can try installing from sources. I haven't looked at the source, but most of the time, it's a "./configure --prefix=/mnt/utmp/cdevtools/usr" than "make" than "make install" if your using CDevTools.

When i have a Pandora OS on SD Card and run the System from Nand.

Can i run PND Tools and just Copy The Files from /mnt/utmp/cdevtools1000 to the

Root of the SD Card System with su - Rights?

Mean you that it work to make a DEV SD System?

--- 

all I need is the "libusb 1.0 ". Can someone tell me how to add it to this dev setup?

--- 

Any help appreciated.
As long as the cdevtools PND is on a ext2-formatted SD card, you can run the PND, type "addipk libusb-1.0-dev" and that will install it into the PND's appdata directory (if it needs a newer version of libusb, it'll grab that too).

When i have a Pandora OS on SD Card and run the System from Nand.

Can i run PND Tools and just Copy The Files from /mnt/utmp/cdevtools1000 to the

Root of the SD Card System with su - Rights?

Mean you that it work to make a DEV SD System?
The PND is completely portable, so you can copy it anywhere, and it'll run from there. So if you wanted to run it from a folder on a SD card called "DevSetup", you could do:

(mount the PND)
/usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh -p /media/SDCARD/menu/cdevtools.pnd -m

(copy the contents)
cp -Pr /mnt/umtp/cdevtools1000/* /media/SDCARD/DevSetup/
cp /mnt/utmp/cdevtools/.cdevrc /media/SDCARD/DevSetup/

(unmount the PND)
/usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh -p /media/SDCARD/menu/cdevtools.pnd -u

(run the devtools from your new location)
cd /media/SDCARD/DevSetup
rm -r init/ (if applicable)
bash --rcfile .cdevrc
Copying it to the root of an SD card should also work. If you get copying errors, you may need to copy the PND's contents to a "DevSetup" folder first, delete the problematic folders, and copy everything from there onto the SD card's root.

Wow thx for the Tip,can i set this in Autostart?

When yes,in what File could i write the startscript in?

It should be started everytime i boot the Pandora OS from SD automatic.

If you're copying to the root of a SD card, you don't need to always start anything - the startup script is to help portability, but you don't need it, because everything is in the right place (e.g. gcc is in /usr/bin/, so the system doesn't need any help finding it).

After you've copied everything over, and booted up from your SD card, run it once ("sudo bash --rcfile /.cdevrc") to create the /init folder, and then you shouldn't need to do anything again.

EDIT:

This fix was easy. CDEVROOT wasn't defined.

export CDEVROOT=/mnt/utmp/cdevtool

---

---

Any help appreciated.
As long as the cdevtools PND is on a ext2-formatted SD card, you can run the PND, type "addipk libusb-1.0-dev" and that will install it into the PND's appdata directory (if it needs a newer version of libusb, it'll grab that too).
Ah nice that you thought of that ;)

However, it seems not to work, I get a opkg error now

pandi:/mnt/utmp/cdevtools1000$ addipk libusb-1.0-devopkg: unknown sub-command libusb-1.0-devusage: opkg [options...] sub-command [arguments...]where sub-command is one of:package Manipulation:[...]
It does that with whatever I type instead of "libusb-1.0-dev".

I'll have a look at the script, maybe I can find something. If someone else knows what's going on here, feel free to post.

Sorry, for being so demaning. Normally, i would spend more time investigating. But in this case I just wanted to quickly compile that simple program. Took me 2 minute to do on my linux PC. So I was hoping it would run smoothly on the Pandora as well.

But now that i have installed this dev-env I might try compiling the Alarmclock I coded two years back. However, for that I need to add some libs as well I guess. I used cluttermm back then.

hi there,

im tryin' to build osmo

it depends on libxml2

./configure tests libxml and fails

libxml2 is installed in /usr/lib and it's also in /mnt/utmp/cdevtools1000/usr/lib

LD_LIBRARY_PATH contains both.

it still fails.

i'll add config.log

maybe someone could have a look?

thankies!

Attachments

• log.tar
    40 KB · Views: 155
haha thanks a lot!

ive been digging up some forum posts from 2010, reading about it.

well, sebt3 seemed to be able to at least compile it (to some extent that is - it never worked, i believe).

but my problem seems to be cdevtools related.

sebt3, if you read this: could you plz shed some light on this?

LD_LIBRARY_PATH contains both.
This env vars is for shared libraries while your issue is the header (from your log) :
configure:5145: gcc -o conftest -I/usr/include/libxml2 conftest.c -lxml2 -lz -lm >&5

conftest.c:38:31: error: libxml/xmlversion.h: No such file or directory
You'd better play with the CPATH env var instead

hi there,

im tryin' to build osmo

it depends on libxml2

./configure tests libxml and fails
It looks like I forgot to update xml2-config. If the PND is on a Linux filesystem (like ext2), you can fix it by typing "mousepad /mnt/utmp/cdevtools1000/usr/bin/xml2-config" and changing lines 5 and 6 to read:

Code:
includedir=$CDEVROOT/usr/include
libdir=$CDEVROOT/usr/lib
The good news is that it'll configure and compile it you do that. The bad news is the resulting executable segfaults when you try to run it.

Hi,

@ freamon: do you know a workaround for git not working with https URLs ?

Bye and thanks,

Magic Sam

I didn't find any myself and recompile git (on latest codeblock) with ssl support.

I'm currious if there is any?

Back