C compiler not found

Askarus

Forum Addict!
I finally want to install the open VPN client on my Pandora to access the university network.

I follow the steps in the instruction and get this error message:

Code:
configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH

See `config.log' for more details.

Is there a working c compiler I can use.

It's mo problem for me to use one from the angstrom repo as I have nothing on the NAND then the VPN client.

Using Pandora's VPN manager doesn't work as it is now.

If there's nothing for Angstrom I don't mind using PanDebian. Maybe it's the better solution. (I get the same error message when installing on PanDebian).

Linux should be shipped with gcc (gnu c compiler). Angstrom is it too, or? type gcc -v in a console.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks _wb_.

I'll try the installation.

Don't worry about my NAND.

As I said I have nothing on it for now other than the OS (and I don't plan to instal more).

First I did sudo okpg update

Then I did the command _wb_ gave me.

In the end I get:

Code:
Collected errors:

* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package make-dev.

* check_data_file_clashes: Package linux-libc-headers-dev wants to install file /usr/include/scsi/scsi.h

But that file is already provided by package  * check_data_file_clashes: libc6-dev

* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package binutils-dev.

* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package libgcc-dev.

When trying to install the open VPN client I get this error now:

Code:
configure: error: C preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check

Ahhhh... ok ask notaz about it. Or make a debian chroot to build stuff. I am doing it for building stuff sometimes on my main pc, it should work on the pandora too.

http://wiki.debian.org/Debootstrap

.. or use the cdevtools pnd that has the toolchain/etc in a pnd-file.

Or a cross compiler toolchain, is not too hard to set up.

jeff

Now it starts getting to complicated for me :) .

If I get some good instructions I'd like to try everything but I'm a bloody beginner.

I'm not to bad with hardware hacking but software needs lot more practice and expreience.

I don't think Notaz want to mess around with my VPN stuff. He has the PSXemulator and the Pandora OS to work for. That's enough.

Or put an OS install on SD and install all your stuff there.

If you screw up your OS on SD you'll still be able to boot the Pandora normally.

First I did sudo okpg update

Then I did the command _wb_ gave me.

In the end I get:

Code:
Collected errors:

* check_data_file_clashes: Package linux-libc-headers-dev wants to install file /usr/include/scsi/scsi.h

But that file is already provided by package * check_data_file_clashes: libc6-dev

* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package binutils-dev.

When trying to install the open VPN client I get this error now:

Code:
configure: error: C preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check

You just need to do "opkg --force-overwrite" for linux-libc-headers-dev

Thanks for the force ovewrite tip.

Now I get now.

Code:
Collected errors:

This doesn't improve installation.

@ Linux-Swat

I didn't forget about Slackware. If it doesn't work here I might also try it with Slackware.

Me again. Is the client you mean this one: http://openvpn.net/index.php/open-source/downloads.html

It's just a command-line client, yeah?

If so, and if you want to build it yourself on the Pandora, it compiles easily enough using the cdevtools pnd (link is in sig). I've not tested it, but the resulting binary is attached to this post if you want it.

openvpn.zip

Attachments

• openvpn.zip
    798.3 KB · Views: 139
We got it from university.

It's open VPN 2.1.1.

I'd like to use the c/c++ dev tools.

If you tell me what I need and I'd like to do it.

For now I can't try as I'll work at EvilDragon's office today. Maybe in the evening today.

Thanks for your help.

Okay.

1. Download the C/C++/Py Development Tools pnd: http://repo.openpand...s.freamon.40n8e

2. Start the pnd (enter your password when prompted).

3. Navigate to your source code.

4. Type:

Code:
autoreconf -vi

5. Type:

Code:
./configure --prefix=/usr

6. If that goes okay, type:

Code:
make

7. That'll take a while, but after it's finished, type:

Code:
sudo make install

That will put 'openvpn' in /usr/sbin.

If it won't compile, then if you can upload the source your university has given you, I'll have a go at compiling it if you like.

By the way, if the source code is on a SD-card (rather than the nand), I've found that you can speed up compiling on your pandora by mounting SD-cards without the 'dirsync' option (edit /etc/udev/scripts/mount.sh).

Thanks, openvpn is now in /usr/sbin.

What am I wrong here?

Code:
//home/askarus$ openvpn --config KUE.conf

Sat Nov 10 12:16:01 2012 OpenVPN 2.1.1 armv7l-unknown-linux-gnueabi [SSL] [LZO1] [EPOLL] built on Nov 10 2012

Enter Auth Username:xxxxx 			 

Enter Auth Password:

Sat Nov 10 12:16:29 2012 WARNING: Make sure you understand the semantics of --tls-remote before using it (see the man page).

Sat Nov 10 12:16:29 2012 NOTE: OpenVPN 2.1 requires '--script-security 2' or higher to call user-defined scripts or executables

Sat Nov 10 12:16:29 2012 Error opening file /etc/openvpn/keys/2010-10-08-10-57.p12 (OpenSSL)

Sat Nov 10 12:16:29 2012 Exiting

Right, username.

I set --script-security 2.

That data didn't exist: /etc/openvpn/keys/2010-10-08-10-57.p12

I put it into it's directory.

Code:
bash-3.2$ openvpn --script-security 2 --config KUE.conf

Sat Nov 10 13:09:50 2012 OpenVPN 2.1.1 armv7l-unknown-linux-gnueabi [SSL] [LZO1] [EPOLL] built on Nov 10 2012

Enter Auth Username:xxxx

Enter Auth Password:

Sat Nov 10 13:10:00 2012 WARNING: Make sure you understand the semantics of --tls-remote before using it (see the man page).

Sat Nov 10 13:10:00 2012 NOTE: the current --script-security setting may allow this configuration to call user-defined scripts

Sat Nov 10 13:10:00 2012 Error reading PKCS#12 file /etc/openvpn/keys/2010-10-08-10-57.p12: error:0D0680A8:asn1 encoding routines:ASN1_CHECK_TLEN:wrong tag: error:0D07803A:asn1 encoding routines:ASN1_ITEM_EX_D2I:nested asn1 error

Sat Nov 10 13:10:00 2012 Exiting

You meant you put the 2010-10-08-10-57.p12 key provided to you by your school ?

Back