C-dogs

GP40

Just had a play with this game and it looks fun. The problem is, I haven't figured out how to see the map with my BLU:

Pressing select too long makes the backlight switch off (a nicely thought out method gamepark...NOT :p) and using the 'tap select' method exits the game :blink:

Any chance of a workaround or fix? ;)

BTW: Is the backlight configured to the 'hold select' through the firmware or through the gp32_console hardware?

i think its hardware.. cause i allready flashed a new firmware and its still working. but perhaps it could be also in this homebrew firmware, im not 100% sure

It's not the clockspeed.
It's a specific timer. If a coder uses this timer, the BLU+ Light on / off Timer is disabled.

This only goes for the BLU+ though.

LHC posted on Jul 11 2005 at 12:25 PM said:
That was a pretty shitty balls up on Gamepark's behalf.

Whats bad is that the software included with the BLU needs you to hold SHIFT to show the help screen...surely that s/w should have been on the top of the list for testing and debugging :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
well... maybe in a not so far futur (<1 year :) )... i could hack some lines to fix some bugs (including the f**g select issue) and add sound fx to c-dogs...
But this is really not on top of my todo list... sorry (have to squash some bugs eleswhere first).
Only because I really like c-dogs, and cause now I have all the pieces to "finish" c-dogs port, I promise (damn I did it again) I'll update c-dogs.
This will be a final release (probably release src code), but dont ask when... cause I dont know.

btw: If you have other proposals/comments/etc... to current c-dogs ports... go on

Back