1. Improvement in video player function
2. Improvement in music player function
3. Improvement in WiFi connection
4. Removal of noise from the motor

Check out:
http://fungp.com/

Download:
http://fungp.co.kr/download/v1.5.0_rev145_caanoo.zip

Hopefully they finally fixed the crashing music player. I'm tired of having to restart the caanoo multiple times when I try to use it as an mp3-player.

kouky said:
"4. Removal of noise from the motor"

Pardon me?
I don't get the meaning of this one...

they most likely mean they reduced the buzz sound from the haptic (vibration) motor

Last edited by a moderator:
SiENcE said:
Sorry but what means improved :huh: ?

improved adj
1: made more desirable or valuable or profitable; especially made ready for use or marketing; "new houses are springing up on an improved tract of land near the river"; "an improved breed" [ant: unimproved]
2: become or made better in quality; "was proud of his improved grades"; "an improved viewfinder"
3: (of land) made ready for development or agriculture by clearing of trees and brush; "improved farmlands"

Wow, 1.5.0 is quite a jump from 1.0.6.

I wonder if the wifi improvements include additional drivers for more adapters...? That'd be nice.

I wonder if the wifi improvements include additional drivers for more adapters...? That'd be nice.

Just tried my EDiMAX nano and still not working so i dont think they will have updated the drivers for wifi.

hmm first time i tried to update it failed and got stuck on the caanoo loading screen after a brief update screen, installed 1.06 then tried 1.50 again without problem.
paul3100

The Wifi "improvements" were only to restore its original functionality found in the original firmware, in other words it restores the ability to save network logon information. I wish their changlogs were a bit more detailed.

paul3100 said:
hmm first time i tried to update it failed and got stuck on the caanoo loading screen after a brief update screen, installed 1.06 then tried 1.50 again without problem.
paul3100

I first thought it was stuck at the Caanoo loading screen too, but after I waited a little while a new update screen appeared.

qbertaddict said:
WPA2 still doesnt work with the official GPH dongle. What a waste of money. Upside is that nothing uses wifi right now anyways :)

Neither for me and I have 2 official wifi sticks from GPH.

Music player seems to be stable now though (testing still pending...).

paul3100 said:

Just tried my EDiMAX nano and still not working so i dont think they will have updated the drivers for wifi.

paul3100

That`s ashame paul3100 as I wanted that dongle as well for the tiny size - O`well :(

I know its not as small but maybe this one

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MINI-WIRELESS-WiFi-11-N-USB-ADAPTER-WLAN-NETWORK-DONGLE-/190461476089?pt=UK_Computing_Networking_SM&hash=item2c58637cf9

Still small though ;)

Ruffnuts that Micronext adapter wont work because it uses a Realtek chipset. I believe the caanoo only supports certain Ralink chipsets.

Pickle said:
SiENcE said:

improved adj
1: made more desirable or valuable or profitable; especially made ready for use or marketing; "new houses are springing up on an improved tract of land near the river"; "an improved breed" [ant: unimproved]
2: become or made better in quality; "was proud of his improved grades"; "an improved viewfinder"
3: (of land) made ready for development or agriculture by clearing of trees and brush; "improved farmlands"

Haha LOL!

And now tell me...what is improved?

Wifi? The lettering or what?

SiENcE said:
Pickle said:
SiENcE said:

improved adj

Haha LOL!

And now tell me...what is improved?

thats what you asked for :p

I just tried an AVI containing an XVid, still get the message, this format isn't supported. It would be nice of GPH to say which formats the Caanoo plays, trying the various different formats is rather annoying (but then, the movie capabilities of the Caanoo aren't this great anyway).

ruffnutts said:
paul3100 said:

paul3100

That`s ashame paul3100 as I wanted that dongle as well for the tiny size - O`well :(

I know its not as small but maybe this one

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item2c58637cf9

Still small though ;)

I believe that one is also realtek, so a no no.

EDIT: Btw, i don't think GPH will add support for other wifi modules, as this would mean less sales for their own module.

Back