Caanoo Help

waterboy

Still Fresh
Hello all im new to caanoo so im after some help please, i bought one with loads of stuff allready indstaled,mame/pico drive/nes new firmware,but when i copy all from the sd card that came with it onto a faser card when i put it in the caanoo nothing shows up as if it were blank,also how do i add more roms to the emu's that i have,do the files stay ziped to use them or unziped.
Any help would be greatfully receved.
Thanks

Hello all im new to caanoo

we all are lol its only been out a few months!

Anyway to your problems..... best thing to do is go to the file archive here: File archilve

Download all the emulators you want and one by one add them to your sd card, i put all my emulators in the apps folder so if i were going to install the atari 2600 emulator id unzip the file downloaded from the link above then then go into the file till i come across 1 folder and 1 file.

The folder and file would be named the same so in the atari2600 case its " caanoo-a2600 " configuration file "caanoo-a2600" folder (contains emulator). put both the configuration file and folder in the apps folder of your sd card, now the emulator should show up on your caanoo.

As for roms in the atari2600 case again go to apps/caanoo-a2600/roms place your games/roms here.

Its the same for all other emulators, as long as you have a configuration file and a folder containing the emulator in the same place it will run, the emulator or any program for that matter running on the caanoo always ends with .gpe

Some emulators require the roms put in certain places such as the atari2600 needs the games in its roms folder but other emulators dont always need this so you could just put your own folder in where your emulator is and put the roms there naming it whatever you want such as games or roms.

hope this helps you :)

paul3100

no probs....

forgot to add about the roms, some emulators support zipped roms others don't! usually the read me that comes with the emulator will say but if not just try and see.

paul3100

I put some ziped roms into mame that i downloaded from some sites and put in the roms folder but they dont show up?

the mame roms have to be for mame 37b , just type into google mame roms 37b , i personally downloaded them from a torrent site where i got them all at the same time.

You put the mame roms in the roms folder of mame?

paul3100

Mame supports different Rom versions in it's vaious program versions and Mame4All is based on an older version of Mame, so you should try to get the Mame4All Roms set.

Can anyone tell me why when i copy from my 8gb card and paste to another card when i put the new one in the caanoo nothing comes up in the game menu?

waterboy said:
Can anyone tell me why when i copy from my 8gb card and paste to another card when i put the new one in the caanoo nothing comes up in the game menu?

because you probably pulled out or disconnected usb before "safe removing the drive" people never do that and then wonder why they have corruptions on their sd card, it's there for a reason :) so just safe remove before disconnecing *any* usb drive, and in case you do a copy from and to another sd card i think it's safer to first safely remove the card where you copied the files to and the one that you copied from

Last edited by a moderator:
Back