Caanoo / WIZ Caanoo Usb Networking Host (Cdc_Ether)

mindw0rk

Still Fresh
Hey guys,

I noticed that the GPH firmware lacked a few modules, like cdc_ether.
I needed this module to pull off dingoo <-> caanoo multiplayer (I'll emphasize more on future posts).
And I want to share the results of my work, incase anyone else has some cdc gadgets to connect to their caanoo. :)

UPDATE: Added scripts for easier launching.

G_Ether and CDC_Ether Launch Apps
Bare Modules

Post errors and bugs if you encounter any. I'll try to look over them.

That's all for now. Toodles! :)

Works with the stock kernel. Here's a proof:
Code:
root@wiz:/mnt/sd/apps/usbnethost# telnet 10.1.0.2

Entering character mode
Escape character is '^]'.

/ # ls
bin      boot     config   dev      etc      home     lib      linuxrc  proc     root     sbin     sys      tmp      usr      var
/ # uname -a
Linux dingux 2.6.24.3-dingux #6 Sat Jun 19 16:57:41 CEST 2010 mips GNU/Linux

Practically people can also use these modules for caanoo <-> caanoo wired multiplayer.

You just need to load the cdc_subnet module.

If i'm not mistaken it can also be used for usb networking on windows in combination with the Demo driver that we used on the caanoo there was already a topic about it somewhere before if i'm not mistaken. since the RNDIS driver(s) from windows never seemded to work (at least not at the time i i tested that with the Dingoo). Using that demo driver and this gadget CDC Ether module you can make usb networking from windows work as well. I'm not certain if this is the gadget module that is needed though but i think it is, (didn't test)

joyrider said:
If i'm not mistaken it can also be used for usb networking on windows in combination with the Demo driver that we used on the caanoo there was already a topic about it somewhere before if i'm not mistaken. since the RNDIS driver(s) from windows never seemded to work (at least not at the time i i tested that with the Dingoo). Using that demo driver and this gadget CDC Ether module you can make usb networking from windows work as well. I'm not certain if this is the gadget module that is needed though but i think it is, (didn't test)

Joyrider, this is not the module you are talking about. The module your talking about is g_ether which is basically a "client" for the cdc_ether module.
Also the RNDIS driver on windows is a tricky thing, did you try connecting your dingoo straight to one of your USB ports without using a USB HUB? That was the issue for me.

zear_ said:
...a quick recompile of OpenJazz later:
P1020277_JPG_300x300_q85.jpg

;)

You bastard! Where do I get the binary from? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
This little baby is the solution :)

29bofhx.jpg

u9i said:
This little baby is the solution :)

29bofhx.jpg

Not really, no. The Dingoo hasn't got any usb host, wifi or bluetooth connectivity, we're stuck with cables.

P.S. I had that little thing already bought :p. I'd prefer having a newer kernel though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because of popular demand (one guy asked me), I made a little sh script for running the modules.
Packaged it nice and clean, I've even made icons and titlebars :D

Included you'll find a modified of version of caanoousbnet called "G Ether". It needed a little tweak to behave nicelly with CDC_Ether modules.

Here you go: CDC_Ether and G_Ether Apps

Have fun!

Back