Caanoo Vs Pandora The Winner Is Caanoo

Status
Not open for further replies.
aesir911 said:
DaveC said:
Um yeah ok.

At least the Pandora has a D-pad and speakers that face you and not your dog. Of course then there is the more powerful CPU, bigger higher res screen, etc etc..

...and the cheaper price, superior outer casing, emulators that fit the entire screen, shipping is very fast on it, everyone who's ordered one has received it already, made in high quality factories, etc..

Are you kidding? The last time I visited GPH production line it was about 10 middle aged women wearing nothing but bras and pants in a room where the air was so bad with fumes the owners suggested WE wear protective clothing and masks (apparently the staff must have been immune).

That's how GPH do business. That's where your quality Caanoo is made.

PS I can just imagine the posts if we put the Pandora in another case, removed the Dpad, whacked in a lower quality screen and asked our customers to all BUY IT AGAIN.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I'm right here :p

It's too boring for LOL files, imo. I'll drop it in Off Topic if you wish :)

craigix said:
PS I can just imagine the posts if we put the Pandora in another case, removed the Dpad, whacked in a lower quality screen and asked our customers to all BUY IT AGAIN.
Honestly that's not fair, granted the guts of the Caanoo are pretty much just the Wizs, but they've made a lot of improvements overall.
The case is bigger for one thing, I didn't like how small the Wiz was, the Wiz D-pad wasn't great, I look forward to what's apparently a good analogue nub, the OLED screens though beautiful, were pricey and not suited for a gaming device, and had a limited life span, they also had to be smaller to be affordable. There's also the face buttons, they're just regular buttons instead of the odd cross shape.
They got rid of the NAND in favour of just an SD slot, which means much better booting times and some stability, there's a RAM increase, and there's some coding alterations that apparently allow for better performance through floating point units (I don't entirely understand, I'm not a programmer)

Really, for those reasons I'm actually happy to buy it again. The Wiz software delivered what I wanted but the hardware sure didn't.

EvilDragon said:
There is no win or lose between Pandora or Caanoo - they are different devices for different people.

+1 (even if haven't any Caanoo but only a Wiz to compare).

Pandora is the best portable console i ever dream about that can be used as a tiny netbook and a gaming console.
The Wiz/Caanoo is a very lovely tiny gaming console that fits in my pocket, let me playing old school games everywhere in the bus, subway etc ...

mali said:
^ I'm right here :p

It's too boring for LOL files, imo. I'll drop it in Off Topic if you wish :)

Cheers!
I don't really care anymore... Flame on.

The [insert either] is clearly the best. I know this because I have neither of them therefore an expert. I clearly know what I am talking about despite all the evidence pointing to the contrary and therefore my opinion is a equally as valid as GameKing's.

I am now off to start a topic titled "Green is better than blue" because I believe it is true in my opinion. I in no way expect anyone to disagree with me or accuse me of trolling.

john

Well, Blueblack is definately better than white :D
At least, that's what my preorder numbers of the Caanoo do tell me :p

GameKing said:
Caanoo VS Pandora The winner is Caanoo
I think the Caanoo is the clear winner and we can expect great things from it
But does it contain all the evils of the world? I didn't think so. Pandora it is then.

Actually all the evils of the world were already released from pandora's box, but there's still hope left inside. So wait for two months and maybe it'll pop up.

DISCLAIMER: I didn't mean to be mean or to flame, I just find this tidbit of history amusing. And I probably got this wrong.

Some say that his genitals are on upside down, and that if he could be bothered, he could crack the Da Vinci Code in 43 seconds... all we know is, he's called the Red Baron.

EvilDragon said:
Well, Blueblack is definately better than white :D
At least, that's what my preorder numbers of the Caanoo do tell me :p
Yeah but i ordered a white one, so white is better. :p

I think everyone should have its own opinion but should also be able to explain it. Just claim something without explanation is worthless for any discussion.

The white caanoo looks better in my opinion, because White has a higher aesthetical quality for technical artefacts in my individual sensation... Sounds stupid? Yeah i know. ;)

DaveC said:
Um yeah ok.

At least the Pandora has a D-pad and speakers that face you and not your dog. Of course then there is the more powerful CPU, bigger higher res screen, etc etc..

Nova said:
DaveC said:
The Wiz has an OLED screen, a D-pad not analog which is better for emus, and speakers that actually face you as you play. To me the Wiz is an improved Caanoo :p

I'm wondering how many more times you're planning on posting the same sentence only reworded.

Just so you know, you're currently on 8.

Today's headline: Spelling singled out on internet - six kittens combust and one rabbit takes a shotgun to the warren before turning the gun on himself.

Now, I am interested in the Canoo, but only as a stop gap while I'm waiting for my Pandora.

Sugar_Kane said:
Now, I am interested in the Canoo, but only as a stop gap while I'm waiting for my Pandora.
If this is the only interest you have in a canoo, then this device isn't for you.
Even if it doesn't look like it, OPT might reach their target shipping 1st batch by october and having 2nd out before chrismas.
This is still doable :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back